at the moment i am leaving the stock carb on the motor, i can understand the fun it has given many, where it has a few flat spots when you open it up. i don't know which direction i will go later, the VW carb. looks like it gives a pretty good bang for the buck. but i have a bunch of mukini carbs hanging around, already have everything to put it together, so maybe after i get it running, (still haven't taken the time to start it. (busy tending grandkids after work the last couple of days)) i have read a lot, on many of the forums about the mukini, solex, and if i had the money, i would attempt to go to the SDS fuel injection. i know that they are a install your self kits, but maybe latter this summer i may call the company and see how hard it would be to set up. sometimes it is fun to throw a zinger in the middle of things,
i could keep it stock, papee and others have put alot of information about the small things you can do to help it out.
alot of the air craft forums went to the mukini carb, but i haven't seen many new posting in the last 10 years, (with these two i am not out any cash)
the VW carb. it depends on what quality of carb that i want to go with, i have a cousin that used to play around with them alot back in the day. and i will need to visit with him, on a few pointers.
i guess i will be coming up to this cross road before to long.
you are starting to get me more things to think about, this is what keeps a person young.