Thread: About me

About me

Most of you may not know about my health. I'll try to make this short. I've had both knees replaced twice and have been left with constant pain. I've also had two blood clots pass through my heart. I've been on heavy pain medications for years, which may explain my posts at times. My health has been getting so bad the last year that I spend most of my time in a hospital bed.

Now for for the good news, I knew I had to do something so this week I had the trial stimulator inserted in my back and I'm doing a lot better. I've been able to stop most of my pain meds. I get the trial taken out this Monday then I'll have to get back on all the meds for a while until they are able to fit me in for surgery to have the permenant implant put in.

I can't wait to get all this over with, the last day or two I've been chomping at the bit wanting to do something but I can't. I'm not allowed to do anything or lift more than five pounds. I dread going back on all the pain meds but I have to but hopefully it will all be over soon. It will take me some time to get my strength back but it's cold here so I have time to work on it so I can get back in the garage again in the spring.

Just thought id share, have a happy holiday season everyone!
    Papee
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: About me

Those of us who have been around this site for a while know your health and knees have kept you from doing the things you love. So happy to hear about the stimulator giving you some relief! Hopefully by spring you'll be banging that boat off the rocks just like always! Hoping the best for you and yours this holiday season.....Bruce

Papee I hope they can get you in there soon so you can get back on your feet and start doing the things you love again.. You"ve been through some scary and dangerous stuff for sure...Hang in there and get well we still have alot of running/fishing next summer to do...Like I've always said I'm only right down the road from you if you need anything at all don't hesitate to give me a call...

Having the ability to get off those pain meds will clear your mind and the rest should fall into place...Keep us posted on how you're making out... Cork

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

I hope the best for you and keep on keeping on .
    We need you here.
    Ron

Thanks guys. My health was getting so bad I had been giving thought to turning the site over to someone younger just in case. I feel much better so I have time to think about it. It's a hard decission to make to find someone that would be sure to keep the site up. Thankfully I don't have to think about this right now but something I do have on my mind. I do although have plans in place just in case something were to happen.

On a cheerier note, I have my consultation with the surgeon who will be doing the surgery for the permenant spine stimulator on the 28th of next month. Hopefully I'll have a surgery date then. I won't be able to do anything for for to six weeks after that until the dealio at my spine grows in place. After that it'll take a while to get my strength back. I should be back in business by spring. I'd like to build two new boats this season if possible.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

So glad to hear that there's a long term solution to your pain! Hope all goes well and the recovery is faster than expected and you're back building by Spring. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you've helped us all immensely with our respective builds. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Happy Holidays to all you other site members too!
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

Just an update Guys. I've had the surgery and it went well. The surgery was more invasive than I had thought and recovery is slow. I can't sit, stand, or lay very long before I have to move on. It has me pretty tired out but I'm getting better every day. Doc says three weeks.

That's great news Papee !!! It looks like there's a warm-up coming this week that should help with the aches and pains...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

The weather shouldn't be a problem any more. I've been able to completely stop the opana which was the one doing the damage to my health. I've also been able to cut down my percocets from four a day to two. I'm also taking half the strength I was. I'm hoping to get off the opiates completely. My goal is to only use something over the counter but that's really reaching.

My main concern now is to lose some weight and get my strength back. I finished concrete for years and had pretty strong arms, now my wife has to open the ketchup for me and it's a flip top.

Hey Papee, I was off the site for quite a while and I am one of the ones who didn't know about your health. It's good to hear things are looking better for you. Like the others have stated, you have helped us all with very valuable insight for our builds. Prayers your way for a speedy recovery and that you may continue doing what you love to do. Thanks again!