Thread: Yes Papee in the Other Builds forum!

Yes Papee in the Other Builds forum!

I'm not going to give up the whole project right now because frankly I'm not sure about the details yet. I can tell you at this point that it involves a 4 cyl car motor and a reduction drive. No this is not going to be an ecotec build.

Im also not sure if I'm going to use my old red bull or build a new hull for this build. I guess it all depends on how much I spend on the motor. I'm sort of starting in the middle on this project with the reduction drive. I got a good deal on one that can be retrofitted to almost anything. It is pretty much similar to the circle s drive. I'm told it may have been on a Toyota engine.

Im not sure what motor yet but it will most likely be a fuel injected water cooled VW unless I find a comparable motor as far as weight, horse power, and torque range I need. I'm leaning towards using the red boat for this project since we have the green boat to keep experimenting with the 084. It's about time I redo the engine stand on the red boat any way seeing that it has seen four different motors and is pretty well patched together.

Ill probably reuse the base of the engine stand because it is made of steel tubing with bent corners. As we all know bent corners are stronger than a welded corner. I'll post more when I know more or make some decisions on my next move.

First thing i have to do is get my wood stove picked up and installed in the garage, it's getting cold here in PA.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Yes Papee in the Other Builds forum!

Woo Hoo !! New projects are fun !! Let me know if you need help with the wood stove...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Oooooo... a car motor! And a VW to boot! Can't wait to hear more............getting chilly here too.

Well here it is. I don't know if I got the cart before the horse or the feed for whatever I'm pulling the cart without knowing what will pull the cart.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Well that looks like a good start !!... It looks well built....Did you weigh it yet ?? You could redrill/replace that back mounting plate and use the redrive on just about anything...Did you calculate the ratio ???

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

I haven't done anything but get it out of the Jeep. I'm going to try to see what it set up for and I may use what it's original purpose was. It's set up to bolt on the flywheel end of an engine and has a starter setup. He thought maybe it was a Toyota. As far as the gearing, those are actually some type of gears and can be bought so the ratio can be changed.

If I decide to use it on one of the 084s all I have to do is have new bottom gear made to fit the 084 output. I'm undecided until I figure out what motor this is set up for. If it's set up for Toyota 22r I'm half tempted to go with it. I ran those motors when I raced four wheel drive and they are a great motor.

Wow Papee, what beast and looks built to last. Came out of a Jeep? Can't wait to see what you have in mind….

No Flathead, I drive a Jeep. I'm not sure what the unit was made for. I'm going to measure the flywheel bolt pattern and the size of the flywheel by measuring where the starter hole is cut and hopefully narrow my search for what it is set up for. I may also measure the pattern for the engine/bell housing on it and see if I can find it that way.