Thread: Newby

Newby

I'm about as new as you can get, I'm not even wet behind the ears. Just got a Hurricane Aircat from a friend who is out of the country for a while. Haven't even started it up yet.

Looking forward to plenty of loud time on the water.

Re: Newby

Hi Tank ... welcome to the site! In Illinois, you'll certainly gather a crowd of interested onlookers who have never seen an airboat. If you've never driven one before you'll find it's different from any other boat you've ever experienced. Take things slow until you get a feel for the unique characteristics. I goosed mine (pedal to the metal) the first time I tried it out and found out in a hurry what not to do ... I also experienced my first spinout and submarining in an airboat
    Last edited by aerokirk; 06-23-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

Hi Tank and welcome to the site Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new ride...

Welcome Tank looking forward to some photos. There have been a few builds on here using that hull. Main thing I've seen is the floatation foam gets water logged and heavy. It's sure to be a fun time.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Hey Tank, where do you plan on taking the airboat. river, lake? Post picts soon.