Thread: Videos to start soon!

Videos to start soon!

Update!
    I've been asked many times over the years to write a book about these mini airboats, how they work, and tips on building them. I actually started writing a book about three years ago. I keep trying to figure out a way to organize it but have never come up with a way. Also getting it to print or online presents another batch of problems.

I've got an idea! I'm going to start posting videos! I'll start out with a general video explaining how I decided this as well as the benefits of doing the videos rather than write a book. I'll be breaking the videos into subjects to keep them organized but will most likely not in any order. I hope to later on get into projects on the mini airboat and maybe later on a full blown mini airboat build!
    I'm just putting together the equipment for this as well as other things that need done to get this rolling. I hope to see many of you checking back to see what we're up to. I'll try to keep progress reports going here to keep you informed on the progress. If you have any suggestions on entry level camera equipment please send me a message. I hope to start filming ASAP.

Not sure what happened to the last paragraph and the font but any way...
    I'm doing some testing and setup so I hope to get started soon. This hopefully will solve a few problems with the cost. I'm hoping to recover some of my cost through you tube advertising while getting it out to those interested free.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Videos to start soon!

Hey Guys question...

What length videos would be a good size? I'm thinking 20-30 minutes would be enough time to get some info yet not get boring. I'm thinking cutting each video into parts would be better than one long video.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Great idea !! Yes, breaking them down into parts would be better IMO....A little break in between and a reference point if you need to continue at a different time...

I started getting this together and never realized how much time goes into editing. It may be my number of retakes I had to edit out though. I'm going to divide the boat into topics just like we have here on the forums like hulls, motors, rigging, etc. Once I see how big the video is on each topic I'll divide that into shorter videos to make editing easier. That and you tube will only allow a max size. After it gets going and we have enough viewers I will be doing live broadcasts to answer questions after each topic is aired. I'll be using ustream for this, I already use it so it will go easy. This platform has a text box on the page that will allow visitors to type out questions they may have on the preceding video topic.

I will post the date and times of these broadcasts here and on the mini airboat Facebook page. As I mentioned before any insight or suggestions are welcome.