Thread: 12x7 aumitec 35 briggs

12x7 aumitec 35 briggs

In the process of getting all of my parts together. I've purchased a 35 hp briggs and I'm looking for a reduction drive. I've looked at arrow props drive it runs $729.00 and I haven't found a new one at a better price. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going with a 60" whirlwind 2 blade, stainless rigging, 12x7 lil gator hull, and a single driver and a double seat up front for my son and wife. I'm building it for bowfishing and gigging.

Re: 12x7 aumitec 35 briggs

Check the shaft diameter on the Briggs. They made two, 1 1/8" & 1 7/16". I twisted the smaller diameter crank off with a similar setup to your build. Had to have crank replaced and prop repaired. Luckily no one was injured. Keep everything as light as possible. I had trouble getting on plane in deep water. Ended up replacing Briggs with a Rotax. Good luck on your build.

Might contact Chuck at Airboat Pro for a reduction. He can save you $$$ if he has one of his in stock.

Mine has the 1 7/16 shaft. Did you have a belt reduction on yours? I plan on going with the bps heads and minuki carb later for more power.

Started with a cog belt reduction. I switched to a 4-v belt. I know a bunch of the mudmotor guys trick out their Briggs motors, but it will shorten their life span. Where are you located and where will you be using your build?

I live next to lk george in seville.

Welcome to the site. I'll be watching this one, seems to be a lot of boat for a low hp setup. Seating for three is also pushing the limits of mini power. Good luck with you build and keep us posted, we like photos. Just remember the mini airboats number one enemy, weight.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Alumitec builds these with a 40 kohler and they seem to run fine. The hull is a light weight thinner bottom than their bigger boats. I'm kinda at a stand still right now. I'm self employed and I had a limb kick back off of my root rake the other day and it crushed my hand. I'm all casted and pinned up for another 5 weeks. I'm going to order my hull at the end of the week though. I might go with a 11ft instead of a 12ft to save on a little weight.

JMO, stay with 12'. Displacement is one of the reasons the Alumitech ultralight hull is right for a mini project. Hope your hand heals quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by papajack View Post
    JMO, stay with 12'. Displacement is one of the reasons the Alumitech ultralight hull is right for a mini project. Hope your hand heals quickly.
    I agree, stay with the longer hull. The displacement you gain will be worth a little extra weight. Shorter hulls are ok if you have plenty of power to get them on plane. Once on plane you're running on the same amount of hull.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Rigging
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  27.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  32.1 KB Cage

Nice !! Can't tell from the pics did you get the arrowprop reduction ???

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

No not yet found a used cog belt drive but I'm still going to order a arrowprop. I've herd to many horror stories about broken cranks with the cog belt set up.