Thread: 12x7 aumitec 35 briggs

Hybrid View

Re: 12x7 aumitec 35 briggs

Alumitec builds these with a 40 kohler and they seem to run fine. The hull is a light weight thinner bottom than their bigger boats. I'm kinda at a stand still right now. I'm self employed and I had a limb kick back off of my root rake the other day and it crushed my hand. I'm all casted and pinned up for another 5 weeks. I'm going to order my hull at the end of the week though. I might go with a 11ft instead of a 12ft to save on a little weight.

JMO, stay with 12'. Displacement is one of the reasons the Alumitech ultralight hull is right for a mini project. Hope your hand heals quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by papajack View Post
    JMO, stay with 12'. Displacement is one of the reasons the Alumitech ultralight hull is right for a mini project. Hope your hand heals quickly.
    I agree, stay with the longer hull. The displacement you gain will be worth a little extra weight. Shorter hulls are ok if you have plenty of power to get them on plane. Once on plane you're running on the same amount of hull.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Rigging
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  27.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  32.1 KB Cage

Nice !! Can't tell from the pics did you get the arrowprop reduction ???

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

No not yet found a used cog belt drive but I'm still going to order a arrowprop. I've herd to many horror stories about broken cranks with the cog belt set up.