Thread: dr.peck76 1st build(Canada)

Threaded View

Re: dr.peck76 1st build(Canada)

LOL, you've mentioned a couple time that it's too heavy... yeah I get it. No hard feelings. The poly works great for protection as this boat will push on dry ground, the wet sand seems to stop me but gravel bars and my own driveway I seem to do fine on.

Anyway, here's very technical question that I'm obviously confused on, and keeping in mind that I have a prop shaft over top of my engine (parallel to the floor of the boat). As I'm understanding it after your last post, If i adjust the stern end of the prop shaft down, the effect would be when running, that the front of the boat would push more down as well. (Kind of like the whole boat assembly acting like a rocker) Do I have a grasp on this or am I completely bass ackwards???

I really appreciate your advice and certainly am not wanting to take up your whole day but the conversation has me fascinated. I would have thought that by pointing the forward line of thrust at the front floor of the boat it would have pushed the front down but i think now that i see that the there must be a point where the line of thrust wants to rotate around the center of mass of the boat. .......I have no idea if that makes sense to anyone but myself.

I will add two washers to the front rigging mounts, and one washer to the center rigging mount. This will effectively point the prop wash more in the direction of the water, unless you come back and tell me I've got it all backwards LOL!!!

Also as far as more power...there is always the possibility of asking this little bullet for more, add a few more pounds of boost, maybe another fuel injector..(insert evil laugh here) LOL
    Last edited by dr.peck76; 06-16-2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: to add jokingly