Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best size fiberglass boat length and width for using a 200lb.engine 65hp.

Re: best optimum size L&W for a mini hull

Just thinking out loud, well in type I guess. Wondering why the Marty Bray hull and Mini Pro guys don’t show up their hulls at all. If they would list their dimensions chine stile, draft with specific engines, characteristics etc, that would be a big selling point.

Before I got this info, I was thinking it’s just a box hull like all the rest, a box is a box. I wasn’t too interested. But now that I have the dimensions saw the chine I realize that If I were in America and at the price for the mini pro I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Just a walk around with someone explaining this hull would be a big selling point, go figure….

Hey Ron,

I get ya, I am a fabricator too, like Alu. Too expensive for builds over here, smaller wallets....

thai

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Sean View Post
    Yes, two threads same subject. My mistake, I thought the post was in the wrong place in the newbee section and wouldn't get noticed by the big boys.... In Retrospect I think the new members plase will be good for new members to see, I have got some good advice that will help others.

Thanks for the pics, I hope no one minds your devulging to secret info, he,eh...

Ok now I see that hull has what old school boys call a modified soft chine, its characteristics are that in turns the hull rocks over and the inverted short section there acts like a hard chine and somewhat digs in helping out on the turn. It’s like getting the best of two worlds kinda, nice hull I can see why lots of people like it. I don’t figure I will make mine with that chine though it sits too low in the water for me. Anything more than 2 in.draft I don’t usually use. Hey next time it is in the water could you measure the draft at the middle of the transom with two passengers and normal gear for me, I am really curious… Im not really a soft chine guy but I admire them...

Just looked at the pickof your rig floating, looks plenty high in the water...
    I'm going to merge that post here later on when I get on a computer. It's better to keep this related or duplicate info together.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thai ... I've got a YouTube video walk-around inspection of my boat if you want to see it ... here's the address:
    http://youtu.be/A6kENK-6Qyo (Edited ...This is the correct link)

Ted
    Last edited by aerokirk; 03-02-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

Quote Originally Posted by aerokirk View Post
    Thai ... I've got a YouTube video walk-around inspection of my boat if you want to see it ... here's the address:
    http://youtu.be/2x-AlHaUmrw

Ted
    Hey that is the wrong link it isn't the walk around but no problem, i found it. Sure is a nice boat

Yeah, you're right, should have been http://youtu.be/A6kENK-6Qyo .... sorry about that!
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging