Thread: Lake buggy mods

Lake buggy mods

Thank you every one who has helped me in my previous post. After allot of thimking and research right now all I can swing is a lake buggy boat financily speaking. I ordered the 2 man model and have researched past posts of you that have built one. Few questions I have, what can I do to make it light as possible? Is using foam worth the extra weight? Planning on fiberglassing sides and bottom and using a thin strip of poly or something to protect the bottom. Motor Im going to use is a 22 hp predator. Wanting this boat for mostly ice use, properly built think I will Beable to go from water to ice or am I dreaming?
    It will be me (190) dog (80) and decoys (25-250)

Thanks in advance

colton

Re: Lake buggy mods

Ok this is just my opinion, these lake buggy boats were designed for a lake. I would not even think about running one in a situation where you were going from water to ice. If you were to modify it maybe, making the sides much higher. I've said this before, those that have built these were not happy with them for long before moving on.

I don't want to discourage you, I know how it is trying to build on a tight budget. As you see my boat is not even close to the boats some of these guys are building. My advice would be to build as you can. I got a good hull to start with and moved up in engine size as I clould afford. You can always go with a bigger motor later but you're pretty much locked in with a hull.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Lake buggy mods

Hi; I'm not familiar with a Lake Buggy, however when climbing from water to ice the stern will sink quite a lot due to weight transfer. With my boat this was close to the top of the transom. If you have low freeboard, then water will come over the transom and/or sink you or possibly get into the prop. Please consider these.

Lahti