Thread: Corky's Build

Hybrid View

Re: Corky's Build

Hi Corky,
    The bow deck bracing is looking very good. Should be strong enough to support you without any flexing. Have you looked into or decided on the style/type of pedestal seat socket base? Suggest you do that before you weld the deck sheet into position in the event you undermount the socket rather than top mount it. The rear corner braces look good. Like that you used the angle to dress the face of the gusset plate.
    kent

Well Kent, I got excited today and welded the deck on........The pedistal seat I was looking at has the top mount with a 3/4 inch pin ...And if worst comes to worst I'll crawl under there and light myself on fire...I do have wiring access holes on each side both front and back by the rear angle...If I don't use a few I'll just cover it with some aluminum tape...Also, the deck will get some marine sealer along the edges and under where the supports ride to keep any vibration/noises to a minimun....Anyhow here's some pics of the deck...I think it turned out nice...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I got my sockets at Walmart Corky and they are holding up well. If you order them online they are like $3 cheaper for some reason. I also got the extention and seat mounts from Wally World. The seats came from Bass Pro. My winch is also. Bass Pro brand.

If you haven't ordered your gauges yet I can look up where I got them for the green boat. I got them as a package deal with all gauges and sending units. I think the were $180.

oh and your deck will be fine, it looks to be about the same as mine. I'd like to come down and visit some time you're working now that I'm feeling a little better. I can run the benders down if you need them.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Yes, Papee that would be great we'll have to set up a time for you to swing by....A few gussets for the rear tray and I'm ready for the float test... The river jumped quite a few feet with the rain we had upstate so I may just go ahead and drop it in from the back yard ramp while it's an easy float... Then it's on to the rigging...

I tried to go back in and edit my previous post but it would'nt let me do what I needed to do so....On the subject of gauges I did buy my faria tach and matching gauges...I ended up with the faria Kronos style I thought they had the best styling ....Here's a sneak peek at the style...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As far as leaks, it's easier to fill the boat with water. I put water in it to chase my leaks then just jacked the boat up on one side to weld then let it back down to test. Hopefully you won't have any.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

You know, I'll probably just do that for now...You would'nt believe all the debris floating down the river today...I was shocked when I got up...The water looks terrible and I'd create alot of clean-up on the hull putting it in there....I may just run the hose out to the shop and fill it up....

Well the hull has passed the water test !! I've been fine tuning different areas around the boat this past week...Grinding here, welding there...Just basically a general clean-up of the hull...The shop is cleaned up and ready for the next stage which will be the engine stand and rigging... I'm waiting patiently for my Circle S redrive and other paid-in full goodies to come from Airboat Pros...Until then the project is on standby...I ordered and paid for the parts Feb 4th and have been less than happy with the customer service from there...So anyone wanting one of these redrives take note on what's happening here....