Thread: Corky's Build

Threaded View

Re: Corky's Build

OK I'll admit it...I'm lazy when it comes to repetitive motions......I don't want to turn around in the operator's seat every time I need to choke the engine...So with that I bought a good choke cable...
    It's a braided stainless cable sheathing with a clear tubing over that...It also has O rings{2} on the shaft at the knob housing and a rubber seal at the other end of the cable...That should keep any water out of ithe cable {as much as can be kept out}...
    I fabbed up an engine bracket to hold the cable and used the choke solenoid side of the carb shaft to spin the choke closed...That retained the original return spring on the choke shaft...The cable works smoothly and does return to the open position when released...I placed the choke knob under the seat on the right..Out of the way but still an easy grab when sitting in the seat....This allows me to work the ignition switch on the left,pull the choke on the right,and work the throttle pedal all at the same time if need be....Here's the pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop