Thread: A good Thanksgiving Eve evening from Halifax, PA

A good Thanksgiving Eve evening from Halifax, PA

Just signed onto the forum this evening. I was behind a vehicle the other morning, with "miniairboatassociation.com" on it's rear window. Don't have a mini... just an o320 with a three blade ivo on one of Tommy's 14x6's. I do try to pound the rocks down a little lower.. but that ain't working....
    kent

Re: A good Thanksgiving Eve evening from Halifax, PA

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the Mini Airboat people!
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

Welcome to the site Kent...Sometimes the rocks move and sometimes they dont.. Happy thanksgiving to everyone !!

I think the van and the Jeep both have stickers on the back window, I'm glad to see at least someone has seen them. Welcome to the site, I'm sure you've seen my boat because I put in at Halifax 90% of the time.

do you have the one with deep sides and the benches?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thank you for the welcome to the site.
    Papee, my sides are 22" tall, and it does have two side storage lockers with padded seating top cushions.
    The boat hull is coppertone brown in color with light gold interior, prop guard and rudders.
    I need to find a photo or two to post.
    kent

I saw you a while back putting in at Halifax, I was sitting in my red boat pulled in at the upper side of the ramp talking to my uncle. That's the first I've seen the boat. You headed down river.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I had a short chat with your uncle in the parking lot as I was prepping. You were still out water, and your uncle was waiting for you. I finished the prep and turned the engine to put some heat in the cylinders, then went to the ramp. Sorry for not chatting, but I generally try to be quick on the ramp and get out of the way for others usage. My wife and I cruised down to the Clark's Ferry Bridge and back that day. kent

Maybe we can get together this summer and do so riding. I like to put in at Halifax and run down to the bridge then up to Newport. It makes a nice ride but you have to do it when the water is 3'7" or above or some of the ledges on the Juniata get pretty tough. I also like to run north up to the electric dam but don't do it often because I don't have another boat along.

Papee, sounds like a game plan to me. We have many times cruised to Sunbury. That makes for a full days outing, pack a lunch, make a few float stops... I have done the Juniata only one time. Water was lower, I don't know the channels, carried too much speed to stay on top, bounced off the rocks like a pin ball game <<LOL>> kent

The Juniata can be tough depending on the level when you run it...We went into Newport one time to eat and stayed a little too long and ended up coming back in the dark..... I've never made the run to Sunbury{yet} I bet that would be fun...My father was upper management at the Roadway express terminal in Sunbury back in 67 when the dam went in...Roadway hauled all the pieces in and stored them at the terminal until the builder was ready to install them...The builder made a temporary road out into the river and the tractor-trailers had to back down and into the river...The driver did'nt even have enough room to get out of the truck and said it looked strange seeing water around him everywhere he looked except behind and ahead of him...Firestone made the rubber bladders...It seems to be holding up quite well with minor maintence issues here and there...Now if we could only get a dam in Harrisburg !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Just signed onto the forum this evening. I was behind a vehicle the other morning, with "miniairboatassociation.com" on it's rear window.
    Can't believe it has been two years to the day since I signed on...

A Happy Thanksgiving to All. Be safe and happy.
    Kent
    Last edited by kent; 11-22-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Time flies doesn't it?? Happy Thanksgiving !!

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Happy thanksgiving

Wow, I knew I was going to eat too much today I just had that feeling...No counting calories today....

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

I hope that every one had an enjoyable day with Family and friends. for the last 8 years, i have had to to work. but we have been lucky to have a company provide the fixings, for a Thanksgiving meal. so i get double duty, procure and help with all the cooking at work, and then come home and spend an great evening with the family.
    attached are pictures of a little bit of what we cooked up for 100 of my friends at work. as much fun as that was, it was so much better to come home to my wife and kids for an great evening.
    hope all of you have safe travels, with the Holiday season coming up.
    take care Bart
    PS. the weather wasn't to bad, in the mid 20's and the wind held off. But we have an high wind warning for the next few days. , with gusts up to 80.
    Attached Images Attached Images