Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rotax 582 with a 2.6x 1 reduction

Re: rotax 582 with a 2.6x 1 reduction

just a question. I don't hear much talk about the Sensenich props. Is there any specific reason? They've been around forever and look like a quality product.....

Ok everyone dont bash me on this one....but go take a look over on the southernairboat.com site and type in the prop you got. I think the main reason you dont hear much over here is because minis usually dont have the hp to spin the sensenich props like you have.
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

I just getting into airboat's but I have not heard of that prop manufacturer mostly whirl wind

Yeah, I went to their website after I asked the question and the smallest they build is 66" from what I could see. They rated it for 100 hp. Sorry, there I go talking before thinking again. The prop did retail at about $650. How does that compare to the whirlwind?

Sensenich has been around forever and I mean forever. My dad had a sensenich wood prop on his 65 continental about 30 years ago. They were flying on planes well before that Im sure. The composites are generally newer stuff. Lighyer weight and what not. To put in comparison the 3 main ones that I can think of : Sensenich, whirl wind, and warp drive.....Sensenich are generally more pushy props where warpdrive are lighter with the thinner blades and they give more snap for spinning up the rpms. I believe wirl wind is in the middle somewhere but im not possitibe. Everyone has there opinions. An example: my buddy has a Lycoming 0-540 putting out somewhere around 300+ hp. He had a 3 blade sensenich prop (cant tell you which series it was) and he switched to a 6 blade warp drive at the same diameter. From what he says the warp drive has way more "snap" like a stock car when you smash that pedal where the sensenich with the wider blade would just keep gaining speed. I guess it really boils down to what you are looking for. Ive also heard that whirlwinds excaliber blades are some bad momas too..l like I said those are kinda in between the two. My opinion run that badass prop yoy got on there. I think youll like it. Just my opinion btw.
    Steve
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

Yes th whirl wind props cost more I have a 3 blade 66 inch adjustable pitch was abut $ 1300