Thread: getting a mini pro 116 putting a rotax 582 with 2.6 1 cog belt reduction

getting a mini pro 116 putting a rotax 582 with 2.6 1 cog belt reduction

hi I am new to the air boat world I talked to chuck about whats the best hull to put a rotax 582 with 2.6x1 reduction with two seats he suggested the mini pro 116 so I am just waiting for a quoit from chuck to start this project anybody running a rotax 582 ?

Re: getting a mini pro 116 putting a rotax 582 with 2.6 1 cog belt reduction

[QUOTE=Oran;31527]hi I am new to the air boat world I talked to chuck about whats the best hull to put a rotax 582 with 2.6x1 reduction with two seats he suggested the mini pro 116 so I am just waiting for a quote from chuck to start this project anybody running a rotax 582 ?

also I had this engine in a challenger two air plane and used to run hot if I kept on the ground to long doing run up test I had a radiator from air tech what radiator should I use to get rid of the over heat problem and what prop would be best for my set up I am going with ?

Welcome to the site. There are guys on here that run the rotax motors. You can't go wrong with one of Chucks hulls I think he is using Marty Bray. Some of the other guys are running that hull here also.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

yes I have did some research for about a two years now and Marty Bray hulls look very good and seem to handle very well I thought about beavers hulls but I have to cross a spot in our lake that gets rough some times so decided to go with Marty Brays hull . and I heard nothing but good about chuck he answerd all my knewbee question

Hi Oran the 116 hull in my opinion is to short of a hull for the 084 with 2 persons onboard, if you'll be riding alone it's a great little set-up or if you're running 2 people in skinny water all the time then that's fine also. Head wind with 2 persons in deep water is not good. With my experience with rotax snowmobile engines mounted for airboat purposes the 582 has more HP than the 084 so with the right prop set-up you should be fine. Although I think you could run a longer hull also. I had a 670 rotax with 2.58-1 reduction and a 3 blade 66 inch GSC prop mounted on a 5.5ftX 16ft wooden hull that had tons of power until it blew up.

its all shallow water about two feet deep at best . and south louissiana swamp land with tree's to go around very tight in some places that's why I chose the short hull .

You won't be disappointed with a Marty Bray hull ... I love mine. I can manuever it around on it's own axis in tight places and getting over logs and debris is a breeze
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

all advice and comments are very help full