Thread: Poly or gator glide?

Poly or gator glide?

What to do???

Re: Poly or gator glide?

Poly adds a lot of weight to a mini. If you're running a lot of rocks or dry then I guess itll help keep your bottom protected but if your running grass,rivers, stuff like that id say just some bottom coating will do ya. Just my 2 cents.

Steve
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

No poly for me, just choose your favorite bottom coating.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Our minis are light normally under a thousand lbs, so we can get by with no poly a lot easier than a three thousand lb boat,plus I am not drilling a juillian holes in a new hull to attach it. Never seen an airboat that had poly and was used for awhile that didnt leak
    Ron

My biggest consern is the 090 denting easily on the bottom. That's the only reason I want poly.

What grade aluminum did you say you were using?? 5052? You will get dents in that, they are going to happen in all boats sooner or later. I suppose if need be a sheet of 1/4 poly on the bottom part only and not the full length of the boat either. Just on the flat part and maybe a little up the arch of the bow is ll that is needed. It will add probably about 40 pounds to your hull though so keep that in mind as well. Just out of curiosity how much does you bare hull weigh with the .090. Id guess around 175-200 lb?? Im going build a full deckover soon out of .080 and about a 6" maybe less transom ima shoot to have that under 200 lb and super light rigging. Crazy idea but what the heck why not lol
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust