Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1060 from scratch

Built my main hoops. Sure happy with the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then built my rigging and got it painted. After throwing the Wagner power painter across the yard, breaking it and slinging paint all over my truck....I bought a harbor freight pneumatic paint gun and loved how it worked. Wish I had bought one years ago!

got my motor

pulled off a few parts...

Painted it, swapped to automotive plugs, added an oil cooler, did away with crimped oil hoses and installed.

Now for a starter. Doozit style!

Yes I will be replacing the bolts. They are all I had laying around that would work.

Next is headers, fill it with oil and see if she will crank!

Great work bud. You've done a great job. Crank it without the header lol. Just wear ear plugs haha. It sounds like a open header harley.
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

Re: 1060 from scratch

Great progress .... nice work, it really looks good! It makes me want to take mine for a ride but it's -15F here right now so I guess I'll have to wait for a few more months
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

Thanks guys. It's been fun although life got in the way and put me 2 months behind schedule

I have to thank Doozit for all the help. He knows what he is doing and is willing to guide me through this..

Nice work I was wondering how you were coming along with the build...It looks like most the hard work is done....

No prob bud always willing to help out. Heck if you were closer I would have been helping you hold stuff in place lmao. But you did an excellent job

Minor set back. My 60$ industrial grade flat black paint didn't work so well. It would easily rub off and show the primer under it. Soooo pulled the cage and used different paint. Go it reinstalled today.

My stupid wifi won't let me add pics so I will have to update that later. Rudder frames are built. Rudder linkage is built. Steer stick is about 80% done. Rudder skin is cut out and ready to be primed/painted. I got all redneck engineer fabulous on my throttle linkage. I sure hope it works because it was a real pain to build. I also built my console. Now I just need daylight to work in without it raining and a million dollars to buy gauges with.

Lord willing, there is a real possibility of a test ride this coming weekend.

You're getting real close now my man. You're going to be doing things and than all of a sudden you'll look up and be like hey I dont have anything to do..lol

i picked up that long beach tunnel hull last weekend. "nothing to do" wont happen for a VERY long time!

Nice progress. I'll have to look up were I got the gauges for the green boat. I got the gauges as a kit with all gauges and senders included.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

papee did your gauge kit have a tach with sender also?

im commited now!!! i have a meeting with Texas parks and wildlife on 2-13-15 at 9am. this is to get my boat titled and registered. now i have to be operational, hows that for motovation? if the weather allows i will see the following morning on the brazos river!!!

Yeah I saw that boat. Very nice machine....yeah that is motivation for sure lol

Quote Originally Posted by froghunter View Post
    papee did your gauge kit have a tach with sender also?
    The tach doesn't need a sender, it gets hooked to the mag where the kill wire goes.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I have this project broke down into 3 phases. 1 is an operational boat. 2 is a completely finished airboat. 3 is rigged for night time bowfishing. Tonight I put my mig up for the last time on phase 1. Now for painting and assembly. I plan to run it for 5 hours to work out any issues before moving on. That should be plenty time for leaks, broke welds and any other problems to show up.