Thread: 4ao32 actual hp?

4ao32 actual hp?

Add says 6 hp. Is it like the 20hp motor that really test out at 40something?

Re: 4ao32 actual hp?

The 032 is around 30 hp. I ran one doing some testing on my boat while my motor was being put together. With the prop and pitch I was using it figured to be about 30. I still have it and would like to put a small boat together for the grandson.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Google says 18-20hp???? If its 30 then that would work on my 1060. I found one for 400$. Is that a good deal?

If it's a new one its an ok deal you can get a 084 for that.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

hey papee if I may ask where could I find one or two of those 084's? also looking for 032's and 042's. please help

I know where some are at a pretty reasonable price. The problem is they are in various stages of completeness. Some missing the carb or intake but all of them complete as far as heads etc. if a fellow wanted to take a chance he could most likely have a running engine pretty cheap.

I mi was thinking about grabbing one or two at a time and getting the tested then sell for parts or price Adjusted as to what needs fixed. Saturn Surplus has all of those motors.

I come down to Toccoa a couple times a year so if you're not in a hurry I could bring something down.

Saturn wants $1800 plus shipping and ins. to rich for my blood. I could get a new vw engine for close to that price and would not have to do much mod. looking to spend 4 or $500 before mods.
    Last edited by springfishin; 03-14-2015 at 02:33 PM.

I am new here and to airboats I just got my hands on 6 of the 4ao32 engines and 2 of the 2ao42 engines and they are all complete. Now I just have to figure out which one to use for my build!