Thread: New Tillotson single carb setup

New Tillotson single carb setup

I put the dual carb setup on hold and tried a single one on just to see what I am working with. I had to take the intake spider off and add material to it to make "ears" to mount the Tillotson. The mounting holes on the stock intake are just a bit too wide for the new carb and the mounting of the carb is indexed different.

The first thing I did was take out the studs then add material to the intake by stacking welds until I built up enough material that I could form the new ears. I drilled new holes, made a new gasket and put the new setup on. The fuel line was an easy task I only had to bend the original line a bit to align it with the new carb fuel inlet.

After I got it all set up it seemed to idle better and run smoother over all I don't have my battery in so I'm not sure what rpms I am turning but it does sound like it is turning at least as fast as it did before. I'll take it out tomorrow if possible to test it on the water.

I will be offering this as a kit for those that are interested after I've tested it thoroughly. I'm not sure yet what the price will be because I will have to check to see what the price of the carb will be. I will be getting a spare intake so I have one here that is modified. If interested you will send me your intake and I'll send out the kit the next mailing day after I receive your intake and payment.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: New Tillotson single carb setup

For those wondering, I moved this post out of the dual carb thread so it doesn't get confusing.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

IM DEFINITELY INTERESTED!!!!!! the stock carbs are a piece of crap!!!! lol does this setup have a accelerator pump???

Yes this setup does have an accelerator pump. I took the boat out this morning and it worked better than ever. I didn't gain any speed with the new carb but it works just as good as the stock carb as far as RPMs. It's way more responsive and no more dead spot or pounding on the carb because the float stuck. The motor that this carb is for is rated at a higher HP than the 042. The carb is a bit smaller than the stock carb as far as the venturi but it does not seem to hurt it any as far as performance.

I stopped in at Saturn and got another intake and modified it today so I have a setup here ready to go at all times. The swap is very easy, you just take the old intake off at the rubber sleeves and put this one on. You need to use the fitting for the gas line from the stock carb and bend the fuel line just a bit but that's it. If you already have your throttle setup done with the reverse pull you will most likely have to make a new rod to got from the throttle linkage to the carb I had to on mine.

I've added a few photos of the setup below. I want to test this one more time but I'm sure this is going to be a good replacement for the stock carb. I will be selling this as a kit including the carb and gasket ready to mount on your motor. The price will be $100 with your intake exchange or $130 with no exchange. If you want to do this on your own I will sell the carb alone for $60. These prices do not include shipping.

This price will be good for the first few orders to use as a test group. I will most likely have to raise the price a bit because of the time it takes to do this modification and the price of consumables.

sending pm now!!!!! count me in for one.. !!!!!!!!

I will post here when I'm ready to start taking orders. I had a good test but would rather put a full day on this setup just to be sure before I start sending them out.

Nice upgrade....Here's a pic of the carb in it's original home...Note the air intake tube attached to the carb..

Looks like it will be Wednesday till I can get out, it's going to rain all day tomorrow.

I made it to the river this morning for a few hour test. The boat just seems like a different boat, it idles much smoother and its just as smooth through the throttle range both getting on the gas and coming back to idle. I am going to play with the magneto some to see if I can get it to be a bit quicker.

If I had to guess I would say its getting a little more gas than with the stock carb. I am satisfied that this is a good setup for the 084 and will start taking orders for the setup. If you're interested you can PM me here or send an email to miniairboat @ comcast . net. I had to put spaces in there so the bots don't get me.