Thread: Admin Please Help! Text/typing issues when posting.

Admin Please Help! Text/typing issues when posting.

Hey guys, a lot of times when I start typing a post, it is like the engine won't keep up with my fingers. I know my keystrokes are good but it leaves out tons of letters and spaces. It's quite intermittent though. Sometimes it works great, other times I have to end up typing whatever I want to say in notepad and copying and pasting over to the website. I am a member of at least 3 other forums that look exactly the same format as this one. This site, however, is the only one I have this problem with. It is very frustrating!

Re: Admin Please Help! Text/typing issues when posting.

What browser are you using and windows version? Strange problem, I have no idea how I would replicate it. Is the page you are looking at loaded completely?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

internet explorer 8 I believe and it's windows 7. The pages are fully loaded. Like I said, this is the only forum I have had an issue with.

The only thing I can think of that would cause it would be that the page isn't fully loaded. If it happens again look at the bottom of the screen and see if there is a message there about loading. I'll dust off Internet Explorer and see If I can get it to do the same.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

OK I'm using IE now and I tried to reply to your engine thread the first time with it and had the same problem you are describing. I restarted it and it seems to be working fine now. OOPS spoke too soon, just did it again. It seems tobe a browserproblem I'll see if there is a fix for it.

OK another test, I changed a setting in IE to see if it took care of the problem and it seems to have fixed it.

What I did.

Go to your gear thing a ma bob in the top right and click

Next click compatibility View Settings

Add this website will be filled in, click add

I changed that and it seems to be working fine now.

Ok I tried it. So far so good Papee. I do appreciate you looking into it for me. Now I can post a lot more! ha ha