Thread: Rope pulley

Rope pulley

Does anybody know where I can get an extra rope start pulley. I'm looking to put a small tractor alternator on the front pulley but I don't want to modify this one without haveing an extra one just encase is doesn't work.

I thank you all in advanced for any help.
    Steve
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

Re: Rope pulley

Steve mine is modified and I can still start it with a rope. Just thought it may be helpful.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Hey Papee,
    I like the way your pulley is done. Is that just an extra piece of aluminum pressed on the pulley or is it welded on? I'm also trying to figure out a way just to modify the existing charging system as to not pull as much from the engine because of the added strain of a belt and alternator. I think I read in Aewrighs build that it can be rewound to change it to 12 volt. I think it was Buster that said it or maybe Duane.
    Steve

I had mine rewound like a few suggested. They guy was awesome to deal with. Very friendly and very quick turnaround.

Aewrigh,
    Do you remember the guys info and cost to have it rewound? Also do you remember what regulator/rectifier to use. Im using the stock stator now using a kohler rectifier and it just doesn't seem like it can hold the battery up when im out frogging for a few hours. Im only running at about 1300-1800 rpm while doing this so that might be the problem because when I run from spot to spot at a higher rpm my light gets brighter. what im needing I think is to have more amperage going into the battery at the lower rpm but not too much at the higher rpm say 2500-3000 range as to damage the battery. Do you think that having my stator rewound and a different regulator/rectifier will accomplish this?

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Doozit20 View Post
    Hey Papee,
    I like the way your pulley is done. Is that just an extra piece of aluminum pressed on the pulley or is it welded on? I'm also trying to figure out a way just to modify the existing charging system as to not pull as much from the engine because of the added strain of a belt and alternator. I think I read in Aewrighs build that it can be rewound to change it to 12 volt. I think it was Buster that said it or maybe Duane.
    Steve
    That is machined, they add material to the pulley and machine it.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Ok I did some testing on my stock stator the other day and this is what I got.. at idle I get about 10-12v Ac and about 1-2 amps. At about 2000rpm I'm getting about 17-19 volts and 5-6 amps. Now at my max rpm of 3000-3100 I get around 30 volts AC and still only 5-6 amps. My rectifer goes at about 13.5-13.8 v DC at 1-2k and more at 3000 rpm probably around 15v. I didn't check amps on the DC side of the rectifier just AC. So if I calculate right at 2000 or so rpm I'm getting roughly 85-115 watts of power out of the stator and about 150 watts at 3000 rpm. So not the greatest system but if led bulbs are used and provided the bilge isn't needed constantly I think it should keep a battery charged descently though if switching to a 12 volt system stator I guess in theory double those numbers would be a lot better.
    Steve