Quote Originally Posted by aerokirk View Post
Good to hear from you Bart! I been busy and haven't kept up with all the great research you and others have done on going EFI on the 084. I'll sit down and review your thread to get up to speed with all that's happening. Haven't gotten my ecotec engine yet as the seller experienced a blood clot in his leg and hasn't been able to get to it to take off the transmission, but he is saving it for me and I'll pick it up when we get back from Florida in April. I'm thinking I'll purchase the HP Tuners MPVI2 module so I can eventually do my own tuning. I'm going to stop in and see Marty Bray while I'm down there and check in on his new Rivermaster 12'x7' hand laid hull. My boat is only 6'wide and I'll be swinging a 72" propeller and with all the extra weight of the liquid cooled engine I'm thinking I will most likely need a bigger displacement boat. We've still got 20" of ice on all the lakes here so I've got some time to think it over.
sounds like you are getting things in order and figured out.
If you take time to go through my threads on the EFI to the 084 motor, if you have questions, or if I might not be clear on something. Please ask for me to clarify it. I still have a lot to learn on the subject, right now I am making modification to my board to accept more input sensors. like the fuel & oil pressure, fuel & oil temp, & another head temp. it is the little things that can make a difference. I am finding out that having the board know what the fuel temp is, can make a difference on the fuel delivery.
to some it might be overboard on sensors and inputs. But if I want my motor to run at its optimum. it is always the little things that can make the biggest changes.
Yes this speeduino is a DIY system, and there is a lot of leg work that I need to figure out and do on my own. But it is great to see the modifications that the main contributors are adding every 3 to 5 months to the code, and still trying to keep the price within reason.
I hope that you will share with us your process of this next build.