Thread: My new hoop bender

My new hoop bender

I am starting a new build shortly and decided to make a bender that I've had in my mind for a while. I think it should be very easy to use and make nice bends. Also cheap to make. Before you ask, the new build is going to be a 14ft Jon boat with my old 032 and ultra prop. So far that is, engine and prop may change. For those that question the use of a jon boat this will be a good build. We're really not after a speed demon for this build, just a boat to get around the river, it will end up with whatever it does as far as performance. Any way here's the build sheet for my new bender.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: My new hoop bender

Looks like it should work fine to me. Im guessing the center will have a bracket on it to hook the tenssioner screw to? Also what are you using for the rollers. I would think a normal pulley from tractor supply or surplus center would work great. Also u might want to either mount that sideways or have the center pully pull down otherwise your hoop will end up pushing into the ground. Looks good and a good idea though. Good luck
    Steve
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

Re: My new hoop bender

That is just a quick photoshop drawing and yes, it would mostly be used laying on it's side. I would have brackets on it to hold the top of the pulleys to keep them from bending. The pulleys will just be cheepo idler pulleys or a v belt pulley at about 2" in diameter. It would be made using some flat steel frame and have the bracket as you mentioned for the tension rod bolt. I'm pretty sure marks could be made on it for different radius' but would take many passes trough it bending a little at a time but would be a very easy process pushing and lulling the conduit through it because the adjustments would be small to prevent kinking. I also want it to be as small as possible and not too heavy so it should be shipped around to people that would want to borrow it.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA