Thread: 4a084 tach

4a084 tach

Hello all, Can someone tell me what tach you are using for the 4a084. I am currently using a tiny tach variant and am not thinking that I am getting accurate readings. I would like a tach that has the dial readout as opposed to digital readout. Thanks Steve
    Hull:10'6"x69" 1/2 deckover .100
    Motor:4a084 w/ stock carb
    Reduction:direct drive
    Prop:ultraprop 3 blade 59x10*
    Mods:Motorcycle exhaust

Re: 4a084 tach

Check out aewigh's build thread we just discussed this.

http://miniairboatassoc.com/forum/showthread.php?2482-aewrigh-s-build/page3
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Hey Doozit20,

If you are still looking for a tach, I just walked into a marine shop and bought a used one they had taken out of an old boat they were scrapping. It was a round white digital dial, and even came with a light. It worked on my 084 just fine. It had a knob on the back I had to set. I can't remember what the setting was, but I think it was for the number of cylinders.

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

I think he got one like mine, the oldtimers is kicking in again but I know he got one. Or at least I think I know he got one. It was a great day on the river today Dave, I haven't been feeling well but I'm sure going to try to get out again tomorrow! I was starting to get cabin fever.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, and also the cabin fever thing. I understand that the time a person spends on the water, fishing or whatever, does not deduct from his assigned time on earth! Therefore, get out on that river every damn chance you get, it's almost like free money !!!

Good luck,
    Dave

I'll have to run that past the wife. She is really good about me spending time on the river though, she just worries about me going out alone. I always have my phone along. I do have a question though, if I spend a lot of time on the river will I get younger?

Will you get younger ? ? ? ? Talk about looking the gift horse in the mouth My guess is if that was the case, you'd never find room on the river to launch your boat Just a wild guess

Dave

I guess so, I would certainly be running into my grandfather at some of my favorite fishing spots.

Hi Buster, sorry for the delay in responding but Papee is correct I did get a tach with his suggestion and it works great. Spinning a 59x10* prop direct drive up to 3100-3200. Top speed is in the low to mid 30's so far until I can find some real skinny water to wring it out in
    Steve

Doozit20,

That's a respectable top speed, my Aircat would only do 25 mph (per GPS) in deep water. I never found any skinny water to try. I was running a reduction unit (1.50 : 1), and my boat was probably a bit heavier than yours.

Dave

Dave,
    I got to 30 in the water you see in my video post. There are a few vid on youtube I have loaded now. The fastest I could get in deep water was around 26 all these were with gps readings. I found a good long half mile strip that is a few feet deep but is full of grass and I run great in that stuff. I havent gpsed in that spot yet but I do know I only have about 3' of my boat in the water when I get moving which doesnt take too long lol. Thanks for the compliments.
    Steve

What hull are you using and where did you find it?