Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Carb Problems

Im hopin to get pics from Chuck real soon of my intake hes buildin for me. Nice work Dan.

I have a guy welding up a manifold for the holley carb. I'll post pics as soon as I get my hands on it.

Hello all. I really like the carb mods y'all have done. I'm new and was wondering if a mikuni round slide 42 would work the same as the flat slide? The reason I ask is that they are a lot cheaper and are just as easy to get on eBay. I just saw two of them on eBay for around $75 off of a ski doo 600.
    Regards Steve

I'm no expert, I just learn from mistakes but almost all that type of carb will work. The trick is jetting.
    Another thing I just discovered today was that the intake manifold on the 084 is very restrictive. I removed it and I noticed that the casting has very sharp internal edges and is very rough. I spent a few hours sanding and breaking all the sharp edges and opened it up very noticably. I can't believe it won't help with airflow. Can't try it out till things warm up a bit.

Good luck

Sorry, I never finished your question.
    Bigger is not nessessarly better. A few guys including myself have run the Mikinu 32 with good results. The 084 only feeds one cylinder at a time so you realy don't need to spend money on something bigger. I had a few problems with fuel comming out of the overflows on the mikuni. Winter weather seems to effect it also.
    I'm also experminting with installing a Holly 350 not for the added size but it has an accelerator pump to eliminate the fule pump and will allow for more air. May alos not be easily affected by temperature. It is also said to be eaiser to adjust. Not sure, its only what I heard. Still running into problems with getting a custom manifold welded up. I have tryed three different people and not one seems to be reliable.

Buzzbait,
    Thanks for the reply. As I said I'm still new to airboating and this engine and in fact just now building my boat. If I can figure out how to post pics on here I'll be sharing my build with everyone. I think for now I'll stay with the stock carb that is on my motor and see if it satisfactory for my needs once I get finished. If not then I will definatly try a different carb choice. I see that there are many different types that people have used and tried. As far as trying to get someone to build something for you and falling short, been that route. It's probably just as easy to do it yourself in my opinion.
    Ragards Steve

Just an idea and please feel free to chime in if I'm in the wrong. But does the intake have to be aluminum?? If not then can a manifold be make out of top rail used on chainlink fences? It can easily be brazed or welded together. Just a thought Please don't through rocks if I'm wrong lol
    Steve

Doesn't have to be Alu.

That might be the route I would go if I were to ever want to make a manifold as I can't weld aluminum.

Hey Bandit,
    Do you remember the bearing size on your hub? I have the same unit and want to buy a spare before something happens.

Buzzbait

I'm pretty sure it is 1 1/16"

By the way my carb/ intake is working so good I think I'm going to go with a three blade set up. Whirlwind is going to hook me up!

Hey Dan sounds great any video yet?
    Nick

I did take one but its so shaky I'm too embarrassed to post it. Besides, now I'm going to wait until I get my other blade.
    Trust me though, it's running great!

Re: Carb Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit64 View Post
    By the way my carb/ intake is working so good I think I'm going to go with a three blade set up. Whirlwind is going to hook me up!
    Hey Bandit ... how is that three bladed Whirlwind working for you? I've just purchased the Circle S reduction drive for my 084 and I'm debating between that one and the IVO. Oh, and do you have any more pics on your carb/manifold conversion? I'm thinking of going with a 38mm Mikuni per Chuck's recommendation.

Thanks!
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

Quote Originally Posted by aerokirk View Post
    Hey Bandit ... how is that three bladed Whirlwind working for you? I've just purchased the Circle S reduction drive for my 084 and I'm debating between that one and the IVO. Oh, and do you have any more pics on your carb/manifold conversion? I'm thinking of going with a 38mm Mikuni per Chuck's recommendation.

Thanks!
    Didnt get the three blade yet although it would work better.
    I would go with the hsr42. Mikuni. I'm drilled out quite a bit and it still wants more. Air and fuel. I'll try to add pics but don't hold your breath cuz my taps talk ain't working.

My my boat is for sale for 6000.00 or I will sell all but the hull.
    Going for real power!
    thnx dan

Noticed Dan mentioned tapatalk just checking to see if it works.

Sent by note on a brick
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Quote Originally Posted by Papee View Post
    Noticed Dan mentioned tapatalk just checking to see if it works.

Sent by note on a brick
    Pit me I'm sure!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392249904.617593.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  95.5 KB
    There you go.