Thread: New Guy with lots of stupid questions about possible use of a 32 CC Weed Eater Engine

Forum Reader

New Guy with lots of stupid questions about possible use of a 32 CC Weed Eater Engine

Hi

Please don't laugh too hard.

I am interested in trying to build a smaller one man Air Boat. I have a 8 ft X 4 ft (thin) aluminum Hull and a 32 cc Echo Weed Eater Engine as starters. I see similar sized boat on U tube with the same type of small engines. This is more of a Novelty thing for the small lake I live on.

My question has more to do with converting my weed eater to drive a Propeller. BTW I did a search on this site and couldn't find any info.

What companies or suppliers might best help me??

Has any one fooled with small weed eater engines???

Any advice is helpful. Thank You

A weed eater motor isn't going to be a very good motor for that boat. You would be better off putting a 8hp Briggs on it with a 36x17 prop. I'd bet it would plane out if you don't belong to the "Heavy D Club" like I do.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Forum Reader
    Thank you for the Reply. I realize I am under powered. The Pond I plan to run this in is so small I wouldn't want to Plane. Besides My 8 ft boat is not the heavy duty type and would not hold up to a 8 hp motor. It isn't 50 pounds. BTW I only weight 135.

Since My boat is so small and I already have a 32 CC Weed Eater engine. Where do I go for parts and supplies to convert a small 2 cycle Weed Eater Engine to a Propeller pusher???

If you're set on the idea you may want to try a RC boat forum, I think I've seen some of those guys using them.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA