Thread: New 084 intake and carb setup

MAA Vendor

New 084 intake and carb setup

Tony Stewart, a drag racer in Austin Texas has designed a new intake manifold for the 084 engine that balances the flow to the cylinders so 2 of the cylinders don't run leaner than the other 2. This intake will be setup for a holley 350 cfm carb. The carb is a progresive linkage carb with one barrell opening before the other. The booster venturies will have to be changed to annular boosters to reduce the flow and lower the cfm. Tony said the last tuning test should be complete this weekend and the proper jeting would be determined. This change may get us close to 60 HP from the 084.
    Airboat Pro's will be selling these intakes when final testing is complete. We will also be locating some of these Holley 2 barrell carbs to set up with the annular boosters.
    Circle S Manufacturing is designing a new cogged belt drive using the HD belt and it should be ready soon.
    I don't have the cost of these performance items worked out but should have it in a week or two.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck is the cogged belt a new upgrade to the reduction drive you now offer with the starter or is it a different setup?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, it will be all new. We are sold out of the first 6 that was built and we can make them weight less and still be bullit proof. I have 5 new engines coming in some time next week and we want to set them up with the Holley carb kit and the new belt drive.
    Thanks, Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt View Post
    Hey Papee, it will be all new. We are sold out of the first 6 that was built and we can make them weight less and still be bullit proof. I have 5 new engines coming in some time next week and we want to set them up with the Holley carb kit and the new belt drive.
    Thanks, Chuck
    Hey chuck, put me down for one of those intake/carb set up' s.
    dan

MAA Vendor

Thanks Dan, i hope to get the final info and cost for the intake this week. Now we have to search the web for some of the used 350 Holley's . It is the one that was used on the 3- 2 barrell setups. The center carb. It has a progressive throttle link. One barrell opens before the other. I will try to find the carb # tomorrow.

Thanks, Chuck

Thanks Dan, i hope to get the final info and cost for the intake this week. Now we have to search the web for some of the used 350 Holley's . It is the one that was used on the 3- 2 barrell setups. The center carb. It has a progressive throttle link. One barrell opens before the other. I will try to find the carb # tomorrow.

Thanks, Chuck
    Hey Chuck I think I may have found what we were discussing yesterday about the modified exhaust, heres a link to youtube check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXJlk...eature=related

Thanks, Chuck
    Hey chuck, how about that info on this set up?? The flat spot in this stock carb is driving me crazy, plus more hp is always welcome.
    If anyone is knows the stick marsh airboat jump, I can only make it about halfway up and have to get out and pull+ power it up and over. I'd love to be able to get all the way over..

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit64 View Post
    Hey chuck, how about that info on this set up?? The flat spot in this stock carb is driving me crazy, plus more hp is always welcome.
    If anyone is knows the stick marsh airboat jump, I can only make it about halfway up and have to get out and pull+ power it up and over. I'd love to be able to get all the way over..

Any word yet??
    you mentioned a minkuni hsr42 with an intake. Witch set up would work best? I'm getting ready to buy a carb and need to know witch one