Thread: New guy

New guy

Not sure where to start but here go's.
    Fairly new to airboating, my first one was a piece of work. I mean I worked on it for hours just to get a short ride before it broke down and I was paddling back. My wife refused to ride but didn't seem to bother others too much when we paddled back. I guess I had to pay my dues.
    I had been looking for a way to get something better for few years and visited a few shops. The place that gave me the best welcome was Airboat Pro's. Chuck showed me everything (xmas day) without question and made me feel very comfortable. That was my second visit and I knew then he would be building my next boat.
    This spring I picked up my new boat, a Mini Pro 084. My first stop was Turner Fish Camp! The carb had a few problems but Chuck sent me a new one and all was fine.
    Looking forward to downloading a few pictures and a short clip or two, not sure how to do that yet. Ill be stopping by to see Chuck in late December to drop off a CD of a short ride.

Welcome aboard buzzbait great to hear your happy with your rig.Ive got one simular to yours with an 084 and it runs fine. I built it myself and most of my parts and accessories was purchased through Airboat Pros and that they are thanks a million to Chuck and his crew. Without them I wouldnt be airborn today, and a special thank you to this site for the great support they offer on a daily basis, there are alot of members heres that a willing to listen to your concerns and offer a lot of experience thanks Papee.
    Great riding buzzbait and you can check out my videos on youtube - nicks 084 mini airboat....... youll find a few videos under this title.

Welcome aboard! As Nick said you picked the right person to build your boat. If you have any problems just let us know. I've been running an 084 for a few years, lost count. I've run across about every problem they have. They are a very reliable engine and I am very satisfied with my engine, I also got most of my parts from Chuck at Airboat Pros. If Chuck don't know the answer to your questions about the motor, I do. Have fun and ride safe!
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I have worked out a few bugs in my unit and I'm happy with the results. I changed the carb to a Mikuni and added a larger air filter. Things seem to be very reliable. My wife rides often and got over her fear of getting stranded in the swamp. Of course we got stuck the next time out. I was crusing through some fimiliar area that is normaly covered with weeds. Water level everywhere was dropping due to a very hot and dry summer. I didn't noticed the lack of water until it was too late, the next thing I knew we were high and dry. I was really expecting a big problem but we both got out, spun the boat around and with a little rock'n we got it moving, hopped in a gave it full power. When we got back to the dock we couldn't stop laughing. We were mud up to our shins and left a trail all the way to the truck.