Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicks 084 mini airboat

You sure do have hard water up there.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Yes Papee but it should soften up within a month!

I have discovered one reason why my engine was hard to start or wouldnt start.
    REDUCTION DRIVE BELT TENSION TOO SLACK
    When I would stop the engine after a long run I couldnt get it to fire right away without giving it a bit of choke. But today it would not fire at all. When I was cranking the engine my brother in law noticed that the rope starter pulley was hardly turning after tightening the belt it fired right away. Glad it did or else we would of had a 22km walk down river on ice. I have burned 20 gallons of fuel and I already have tightened the tension on my belt 3 times .....at what point do these belts stop stretching

Nick

MAA Vendor

Hey Nick, we don't have any ice so we have to run on the ground. We are in a drout so not much water. Melt some of the ice and send it to us. Here is a new 084 going to New York.

Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

It may not be streaching, it may be wear. If they slip, they wear out quick.
    Thanks, Chuck

Eighter you have some super slippery compound on the bottom of your boat or that engine is on steroids........

How do I get mine to run like that. I pulled my plugs out today when I was having that belt issue and I noticed number 4 cylinder was running lean what should I do.I ran 44 miles on ice today and I had 4.5 gallons in my tank but I didnt check when I got back to see what was left in the tank.

Chuck did you do any changes to the carb on that boat?

Re: Nicks 084 mini airboat

Here's my new engine complete,Chucks gonna pack er up and send it up north to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytQV37IV3Y

here are some pics also.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That thing sounds awesome, I can't wait for videos and reports once you get it mounted and on the water! Hopefully one day I'll win the lotto and will be able to afford a reduction and that new exhaust.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee Chuck told me today the story of how he ran out of gas doing this video, I was wanting to hear more of this engine reving up cause it does sound awesome.Papee you can build an exhaust like this ...i've seen some of the work you've done. Can't wait to ride her.
    Nick