Thread: ? for Pappee

? for Pappee

Pappee...
    been awhile since I have been on here... the old restored wooden airboat..there is a pic on here somewhere...
    anyway the boats been great, but having a little trouble towards the end of last year...and now..as I am getting things ready....
    18hp twin briggs and stratton.... seems to be a carb issue...I think..but dont know...not that mechanically inclined..(woodworker)..
    here is the issue...
    starts up.added elec start to it....(but when I run it for a while seems to cut out...or it'll run but missin a little.) then when I try to start...it wont....but... if I remove cover to carb and let it wide open..it will start right up... seems to have some gas on the cover lid of the carb too, and some gas on the neck of the carb it seems.... I tried a new airfilter at the end of last fall , before the flood... but it didnt help... had to take the cover off on the river..for it to kick in and start..ran up river a while and started fishing, and she wouldnt start on me...( anyway...do you know somewhere I could have somebody to look at it) hoping its not too hard of a fix...even if I need a new carb......its just a great little summer boat for my little 6yr old and I(it was a project for us, restoring the old wooden hull, and fiberglassed the seams..
    ... heck he would miss that thing more than me if I cant get it going.... ha ah.... we had some fun last summer catching bass on that thing...
    thanks , any help would be great..
    Pawoodboat..aka...the FISHIN RIG..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That carb has a diaphragm in it to pump the fuel. That's most likely the problem. It's an easy fix just be careful when taking it apart and take notice to where the little springs go. I think there are two maybe three. If you don't want to do it I'm sure the place in town would do it. I can't remember the name. It's right past the bank on the right going towards Sunbury. They always have a few mowers out front. He races at Line Mountain but I just can't remember the name.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

How about a question for Chuck at Airboat Pros?

I bought that mini 10.5 and need to know the hull manufacturers name for my registration. I FINALLY have the Illinois DNR coming out to inspect and get me my numbers. Maybe I'll actually get the boat in the water and get in on the smallies that are biting everything in site.

THX

You'd probably be better off calling him, he's busy and don't check in often.

(352)330-1015
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thanks Papee. I'll do that in the morning.