Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dan's build

Quote Originally Posted by Papee View Post
    Yea I did see, I was just giving you a heads up. Mine was close enough that I just has to move my battery and fuel tank forward a bit.

The part I have in red, is that just the flat area not including the chines?
    I have 58" of flat in the back. Then it slopes up 20 degrees.

I got a little more done. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331772282.760142.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  91.7 KB

Progress. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332102316.227829.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  95.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332102339.162881.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  96.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332102359.260495.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  96.5 KB

Wow the fan cage came out way better then I thought. Every step I take in this project I ask myself " how am I going to do this without screwing it up?". But once I start on it, it all comes together. It's that whole eating an elephant one bite at a time thing.
    Anyway I finished the cage tonight. Thanks again for yall's interest!
    Now I need wire!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

My bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Bandit64; 03-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Nice progress Dan! I'm not sure if you're the one Chuck called me about or not, he called me about the props I was using DD. Which one did you decide to go with?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Nice progress Dan! I'm not sure if you're the one Chuck called me about or not, he called me about the props I was using DD. Which one did you decide to go with?
    I'm thinking about a 67" whirlwind mini prop. But I haven't got an answer about performance yet. Or if I will get the right rpm's.

Chuck, what do I need for gages and switches? What diameter are they? I want to build my console.

Man, hope all's well, but I'm sure not feeling the love here.

He may be busy and hasn't had time to check in. If you need it right away I'd give him a call.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

He may be busy and hasn't had time to check in. If you need it right away I'd give him a call.
    Thanks papee, but I'm not singling out chuck. I just looked back through this post and only three people have responded. I dont want to be a cry baby but one of the reason I'm sharing my build is to get advise from others with experience and so far the forum dedicated to mini's is letting me down.

I'm not sure where everyone is, maybe it's time for checkin. As far as help, it don't look like you need much. I can tell you my Faria Tach I got from Chuck is a 4" and the other gauges are standard size and I run 6 switches. I just use the tach, fuel, charge, and oil temp on my 084. My Tach is the model with the digital hour meter.

I'm not sure where everyone is, maybe it's time for checkin. As far as help, it don't look like you need much. I can tell you my Faria Tach I got from Chuck is a 4" and the other gauges are standard size and I run 6 switches. I just use the tach, fuel, charge, and oil temp on my 084. My Tach is the model with the digital hour meter.
    I don't know what standard size is?? You guys don't use an oil pressure gauge? And thanks for your confidence in me. But as far as the engine goes I'm lost. If I don't get help I will be dead in the water.
    Chuck is supposed to be posting pics of his engine.
    Last edited by Bandit64; 03-21-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Standard ones like oil pressure etc are 2 1/16". I don't know about others but I don't, I have one just never put it on. Some guys have cht or head temp gauges and all. It's a about what you want. My oil temp gauge is fine for me, if I see it climbing past 180* I know I need to lay off the skinny pedal a bit. I most likely have more hours on my engine than most or maybe anyone running a 084 and I have had only a few problems with the motor. Burning oil isn't one of them BTW. The only problems I've had is oil leaks, the valve covers like to leak and the o rings for the push rod tubes at the head. We talked about the gauge thing in another thread a while back here. I'll see if I can find that thread.

A couple small things done. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332461253.063259.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  83.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332461272.030742.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  98.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332461287.996036.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  93.7 KB

Wow! You've made fantastic progress in a very short time compared to most of us on the forum. You obviously have the time, equipment and expertise to do a top notch job. On the other hand, you want 'us' to tell you how to build a boat 'by the numbers' so you don't have the 'think'. c'mon man, use you head and figure it out. Not feeling the love? sorry.....

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    Wow! You've made fantastic progress in a very short time compared to most of us on the forum. You obviously have the time, equipment and expertise to do a top notch job. On the other hand, you want 'us' to tell you how to build a boat 'by the numbers' so you don't have the 'think'. c'mon man, use you head and figure it out. Not feeling the love? sorry.....

Bruce
    Bruce, thanks for chiming in. I don't want step by step. Part of the fun for me IS figuring it out. Expertise?? Hardly. I'm just looking at a lot of pictures and building what I see. The hard part is that I don't have any measurements etc.
    what I mean is stuff like Papee reminding me to not bolt the rigging permanent yet. I had no idea about that. Chuck happens to mention it when we were talking about something else.
    Southern airboats guys suggested more t bars. I was hoping to get some input like that as well.
    Like I said, I don't want to come off like a cry baby, I just don't want to get this thing built and find out something's bad wrong. I've never built one of these.
    Maybe I should be asking more questions but with the Limmited time I do have I usually have that part donee already ( right or wrong).
    all I ask is that you guys with experience look at my pics and give me feed back or advise or warning. And I know that if I asked 5 guys I would get 5 different answers but it would be nice to have choices.
    I do very much appreciate the compliments.
    Thanks, Dan

Bandit,

I, for one, have not chimed in to your build until now because it looks to me like you know more about it than I ever will. For whatever it is worth I have done three boats so far. I never built an aluminum hull from scratch, but It looks to me like you have been doing it for years, what the heck do you need me for?

Keep up the nice work,
    Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Bandit,

I, for one, have not chimed in to your build until now because it looks to me like you know more about it than I ever will. For whatever it is worth I have done three boats so far. I never built an aluminum hull from scratch, but It looks to me like you have been doing it for years, what the heck do you need me for?

Keep up the nice work,
    Dave

This is why you are not "feeling the love" Bandit. You are doing a great job on your own. You're not as lost as you think you are. I'm sure If/when you run into a problem the answers will be here and believe me we all have our answers.

I added a grass rake and did a float and leak test. It sits high!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332612513.384198.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  94.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332612539.725304.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  96.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332612559.796100.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  96.3 KB