Thread: New GM Ecotec Engines

MAA Vendor

New GM Ecotec Engines

We have started setting up the GM Ecotec engines for airboats bigger than a Mini. These engines are VVT ( Variable Valve Timing ) and SIDI ( Spark Ignition Direct Injection ). They develope max torque at 2000 rpm and just sip gasoline. The 2.0L Turbo LNF developed 310 HP and the 2.4L LAF will put out about 210 HP. We have learned how to set them up to run standalone so they can be put on a boat, dune buggy, antique car, sand rail, ect. Here is a video of the 2.4L LAF on a test stand.

MAA Vendor

This is the Ecotec LNF 2.0L Turbo running on the engine stand.

Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

This is the Ecotec LNF 2.0L Turbo on a 13 X 7-6 Airboat. One could be in your Dune Buggy or Sand Rail.

Thanks, Chuck

Brilliant! Sounds great Chuck.

Amazing. Produces max torque at 2000rpm? reduction units will become ?adduction? units.......

Flathead

Been a while since anyone has heard from me on here b/c I have been a little unhappy with my mini... but Chuck is working on a new power plant for me.

Drive going on...

MAA Vendor

brlcla has his engine mounted it the hull and we should be hearing from him soon on how good it runs. Hear is a video of it running just before we shipped it to him. This engine is only 1364 cc so we might could call it a Mini.

Thanks, Chuck

Chuck, have you tried any carby fed subaru motors?

MAA Vendor

Hey Brett, no reason to go with any carbed engines. These new GM engines are so efficient and balanced there is no reason to not use them. The VVT gives you max torque at 2000 rpm. We use the GM ECM to control the engine so it performs as good as a new car.
    Chuck