Thread: Fun Summer

Fun Summer

Name:  st-09_ST1300_DkRed.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  95.3 KBAfter a fun summer. My air boating is over till spring.TVA has lowered the water 6 ft in pickwick lake now there is nothing but mud where i like to ride.It has been fun,I now have 94 hr on my boat the only problem i have had is my #4 cylinder is a little low on compression 125psi the rest are over 150psi. I am going to pull that cylinder off and find out what is going on and fix it and get it redy for next Summer. Now i am going to play with this till it gets to cold to ride.

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Ha HA !!!

That sure looks like a nice cold weather Toy. It'll be fun when you WANT to ride it, that's for sure.

When I moved to NC, from GA, in 1996, I came in a 1983 1 ton GMC utility truck. Not long after, I bought a new '97 Harley 1200 Sportster. It was great around town, even in bad weather, because I didn't have far to go...

For several years I'd ride the Harley when I'd "go down home" for a visit, (because the GMC wasn't really up to it) about once a month. When the weather was nice, those were some nice rides. But when the weather was bad, (even with the right apparel) they were MISERABLE rides. Since then I've got a couple of better bad weather rides.

The old GMC is long gone, but I still have the Harley. I don't use it for long trips like I used to though. At 75,000 + miles on the bike, and me at 57 + years on my body, I'll stick with the truck, or the car whenever I feel a need to visit "down home".

Having a woman who enjoys a pleasant ride, but isn't too much into misery helps a lot with that decision. It all works out.

Meanwhile, the bike can stay parked, cozy and comfy in my shop.

Enjoy your new toy. (In good weather, of course)

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

It is not new . I have had it sense 2009. Just haven't road it much lately. it is a Honda ST 1300 sport turing bike. Made for the long rides it will go 320 miles on one tank of gas. it holds over 7 gal of gas. good bike for long trips.

Steve

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Steve,

I can go about 140 miles on a tank of gas. On a long trip, I usually stop to fill up at about 110 miles. Seems like I have a 100-110 mile butt.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction