Thread: Rotax 532/582 Exhaust wanted

Rotax 532/582 Exhaust wanted

I'm looking for a decent exhaust for a 582 Rotax like the style used on an ultralight aircraft. (not a snowmobile exhaust) Must be to factory spec. Configuration optional. Thanks!

Bruce

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Bruce,

There is one on EBAY now, Stainless Steel, at a "buy it now" price of $850.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTAX-582-ST...s_Gear&vxp=mtr

The seller must think it's made of gold instead of SS.

But he's had it up there at that "buy it now" price since August 27th. If it looks like it'll work for you, why not make him an offer, and see what happens. You never know...

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Duane,

Yup, saw it and I agree. I made a reasonable offer, but it expired without a response. We will see what happens when the 'auction' date ends. For what he wants for it, I could buy brand new! (and would).....thanks for the heads up!

Bruce

I'd call Jim Leon at the Kankakee Airport in Illinois. His number is 815-529-3000. He is a top notch Rotax rebuilder and reasonable in cost. He may know of an exhaust for your engine. If I was buying new I'd call LEAF (Leading Edge Airfoil) in Wisconsin. 800-532-3462. They have an online catalog at onlinecatalog.leadingedgeairfoils.com

hey cool! I'm doing a 532 rotax DCSI on mine TODAY!! I just ordered a Y-pipe from LEAF/leading edge airfoil for my 532 last week, it was 239.00, they had the best prices too. I checked with Lockwood aviation, but they didn't have any in stock and told me that the lead time is an insanely long 8 to 10 WEEKS, they told me rotax only takes parts orders once a month, and then they have to come from the factory in Austria all the way back here. I think LEAF still has one in stock. Definitely keep posting, I want to see how your rig turns out!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/484139/DSC03785.JPG
    Last edited by 2006rubicon; 11-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.

That 532 should push you pretty well. Pretty fancy motor mounts. Can't wait to see the whole boat.

You were a step ahead of me finding LEAF. Glad you found these guys. They have been great to work with. With the nights getting to below freezing in Illinois my attempts at airboating will have to wait for spring. At least my 447 is running well now. I had a complete rebuild, at least what was needed, and all was well within specs. Jim Leon promised that it would start first pull...and it did. After $700 spent I realized that the real problem I was experiencing came down to the primer cable I installed, the cable was too tight, flooding the engine. Mr Leon told me that when I reinstalled the engine to be careful with this. Duh...that's when I checked and found out I could have saved some money.

Now I have to get my sons golf cart out of my pole barn, get the boat in there.

Thanks for the lead Fox River Rat. It's a small world too, I have Family in Kankakee! However, I found an exhaust on Ebay and paid less than I was willing to so I think I did OK. I have not got it yet, should be here in a week or so.

Bruce