Thread: Kohler Command Pro Govenor

Kohler Command Pro Govenor

I bought a used KCP v-twin 20hp. The engine ran fine but had a very small oil leak behind the starter. The silicon between the cases had pushed out. I went to NAPA and got a tube of the best sealant they sell. Fixed the leak,put the case back together.
    I was checking the choke, throttle, and govenor linkage to plan my control setup.
    I noticed the govenor doesn't move now. I didn't do anything to it.
    Just removed the case cleaned it and steamed cleaned the inside of the engine.
    put it together. I haven't even put oil in it yet. Will I have to spin the engine to make the Gov move? I don't see how anything could be broke.
    Thanks
    zion

If this is for an airboat application you really won't be using the governor any way. The prop you choose will keep the engine from revving.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I'm gona use it instead of the 16hp.
    I guess I'll put oil in it and see what happens when I start it.
    Where can I get suggestions on throttle setup?

I got all my throttle hardware from Airboat Pros. pedal and cable.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA