Brought a hull with rigging back from Florida in December of 2010. Built an adapter for a rotax 447 I owned, set up new tach, exhaust gauges and prop. I was ready for my maiden voyage, pop the cherry red Rotax 447 (mounted on mini 105) and hit the river. Engine sounded great, prop dialed in to keep it just a tad over 6500 rpm at full throttle. 2 weeks later, started the engine to warm up before driving over to the river launch area and the engine slowed from high rpm to max out at 3500. Turned it off, checked things over. Started getting harder to start.

Shortened hoses between fuel tank and pump, seemed to be drawing fuel ok, filter clean, but didn't seem to be getting enough fuel to maintain high revs. @#$%^&It WAS running good 2 weeks earlier when I was adjusting the prop!

Checked jets all around. Looks good, clean. No way I was heading out with the river running fast from rain with fickle engine.

So I decided to try and get it running again and just let it run on the trailer. See if it would clear itself out. Then the pull start spring broke. $%^&*#

I need some encouragement to get back into this.