Thread: South Australian wannebe's

South Australian wannebe's

My mate and I are starting our airboating adventure...
    The Murray River finally flooded again and we had a great Summer of Bowfishing Carp from the banks and boardwalks but the biguns are always just outa reach. Tried canoes - too hard. So inspired by Gentle Ben tv show 25-30 years ago we are going to build airboats! Never even seen one in the flesh...just know we must have one...each!
    (recently bought an episode of Gentle Ben on 16mm film - don't drink and eBay).

We have bought a Pulse MIG welder (arrived 2 days ago-Jammo did the TAFE welding course a few weeks ago.), new Kohler 40HP arrives in 2 days, and ordered a wood prop from ARKTECH (tw) and trying to buy a re-drive & composite 3 blade prop from whoever answers the emails first!

I will start a new build thread when something happens, hopefully in a week or so.

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Brett,

Many welcomes to this forum.

When I was a little guy, I also enjoyed Gentle Ben. Did it affect my current state of mind?

Well, probably some, at least.

Even though you are half a world away from us, we'd like to help you any way that we can.

Or we can just "talk".

Let us know.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

[/QUOTE]
    trying to buy a re-drive & composite 3 blade prop from whoever answers the emails first!

Get ahold of Chuck at Airboat pro's he will set you up with everything you need 352-330-1015

You have 2 different belt drives that you can buy one is from arrow prop the other is a century drive

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    David,

I haven't heard anything from you in a LONG time.

Hope that things are going well for you.

Brett,

David is correct, you should talk with Chuck. He's got the cat's pajamas when it comes to Mini's.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Ok, I have just emailed Chuckitt@earthlink.net - hope he can sell me what we need.

I'm doing good I just been real busy and haven't had time to get on as much as I like I see that everyone is still here at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Scarborough View Post
    David,

I haven't heard anything from you in a LONG time.

Hope that things are going well for you.

Brett,

David is correct, you should talk with Chuck. He's got the cat's pajamas when it comes to Mini's.

Duane

MAA Vendor

Hey Brett, i got your email and have been real busy the past few days. The Arrowprop belt drive would be the best one for the budget and it is simple and works good. I don't know why Don at arrowprop has not answered your calls unless he would have a proplem shipping it. I will call him now and see what the problem is then i will answer your email.
    Thanks, Chuck