Notes: Please read all posts in this thread before doing anything to your motor when making this switch. I have a summary post on the second page.

If you've seen my embarrassing moments thread you have seen that my mag has gone bad on my motor. Questions or maybe just reassurance have arisen. The mag I am using as a replacement is a Slick mag, a little different than my original,nothing to do with my questions. They are generally the same.

on the mag there are tabs or keyways on each, one of the tabs having a (-) mark on. I am assuming that if I put the drive gear on the same way that I took it off the other one with these marks aligned, it will be timed right? There are marks on my flywheel and a (.) mark on the magneto drive gear so I'm figuring as long as I put it together the same way I took it apart It should be timed the same as it was before?

On another note, I went down to Saturn Surplus to pick the mag up this morning and he mentioned another carb that may work for this motor. It has an accelerator pump and came off an engine a bit larger but still a direct fit for the stock intake. I'll start another thread on this carb when I have this thing back together and have had a chance to run the boat.