Thread: Embarrassing Stories

Embarrassing Stories

I'll start.

I went out in the boat today and had what started to be a great day. I was on the river for about 5 hours and was on the way back down river to the boat ramp. I get about a mile from the ramp and the engine just shut down. This is not the embarrassing part. I think the magneto quit, not sure. I haven't had time to look at it.

So any way, since it's down river with the current I just decide to go with the flow. Ha ha(go with the flow) get it? I was on the opposite side of the river, the river being about 3/4 of a mile wide where I was. So I start working my way across the river wile floating down stream.

So what's do funny? I use a push pole to move around when the motor isn't running. I'm poling across the river, standing on the front deck when the pole gets caught against the boat in the current. I lose my balance and overboard I go. Hat, glasses, wallet and all. Thankfully the water was about 4 ft deep in that area and I just had a short dive under the boat. I was sure I had lost my glasses but they were still on my face. I grabbed my hat and the pole then threw them in the boat. I figured I was already soaked so I just stayed out of the boat and worked it over to the shore the ramp was on. The river is deep in spots but if you stay around the rock ledges it only 2-4 ft deep.

It was still a great day on the river and a reminder of the good times I've had over my 35+ years on the water. Even a not so good trip is still a good day on the river.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, swimming is good exercise for those knees. It's a good day boating if you get to go swimming too. Good thing you were not downstream. Happy your OK.
    Chuck

You bet, I was really sore the day after. I still haven't had time to look at the boat to see whats up. I'll most likely just get a new magneto instead of trying to troubleshoot it. It did this once before the first time I took it out but when I got home it worked fine. If when I go out it works again I'll most likely replace it any way just to be sure. I did unhook the kill wire to make sure it wasn't in the wiring when I was on the river.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA