Thread: first run of 4A032 in boat

first run of 4A032 in boat

OK, here is the "new" 4A032 installed in the boat after the briggs and stratton came off. It is dead stock, since then I have installed a Mikuni and headers and changed the prop to a variable pitch composite.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/484139/MOV03267.AVI

I had one of these on my boat for a while, very smooth and did very will considering the size of my hull. I had it on a 6x15 aluminum hull with a 48" 3 blade Ultra prop. If I took out all my accessories from the boat it would get on step with my grandson and I on board. I would not plane in deep water though. It started so easy I never did put a starter on that setup. I only ran it as a test engine while my 084 was being put together. I was happy with the 032 and I'm still holding onto it hoping to find a small hull to put it on.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    2006rubicon,

That's GREAT ! I like it a lot.

I would be a little concerned about the engine mounts though. That was great for test purposes, but I think I'd figure out a way to use the original hard mounting points, instead of the oil pan like you have it now. It may be O.K., but it'd worry the heck out of me...

I know, I tend to worry about stuff that I shouldn't...

But it's sure looking good!

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

No, you're dead right about worrying about the mounts, I have some serious concerns about stress cracking on those cast oil pan mounts!! I just stuck it on there and loc-tite'd the bolts in where the Briggs was as fast as I could because I couldn't wait to test it out, the original hard mounts are definitely going in, my barber already does a fine job of cutting my hair!