Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will somebody please turn off the snow making machines?

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Duane,

What those switches did is dump another 8 inches of stuff on us. (I don't think it is pollen, and it is waay too heavy for snow) You really shouldn't monkey around with those switches when you don't know what the end result will be

I really think, as a public service, you should pack up that contraption and ship it to somebody that can be trusted for safekeeping. Perhaps Papee would be a good choice, after all he lives in the north at least part of the time, that's a good thing. He does a great job with this forum. I believe he can do the job right.

It will take a hugh responsibilty off your shoulders so you can spend more time on your boat, and give the rest of us peace of mind What do you say?

Dave
    Buster,

It's not MY fault that there's so many unlabeled switches. There must be at least a hundred of them. (I can only count to 21)

I don't really know if I should put 100% trust in Papee. He's a nice guy and all, but the rumor is that he might also be a yankee. I have NOT confirmed that. It may only be a nasty rumor.

So, maybe I'll just send it to you.

Oooh. I just remembered that you're also a yankee.

Nah. I'm putting it on EBAY. I bet that I can get $100 for it.

Click

Click

Click

How's the tach working now, Flathead?

Duane

P.S. There's a lame old joke about the difference between a Yankee, and a Damned Yankee is that the Damned Yankee moves south and STAYS. I've wondered if you guys have a similar old joke about us Sawthernors? Nah. No Sawthernor would go up Nawth and stay.

It's too cold, and there's those pollen blizzards.
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Duane,

Nope, still busted. One of them thar switches blew the fuse in the back of my tach, but I don't know why. Lost all the power to my gauges too. That must be what one of the other switches does.....

Flathead

Flathead,

I got an idea how we all can come out good. First, it sounds like Duane is willing to take $100. for his snow-pollen-whatever switch gizmo, How about we just pass the hat to buy it?

Then when we get it away from him, we dismantle it and any airboater that puts money in, gets free switches as long as they last. It sounds like there are a lot of switches.

Then at least we wouldn't be at the mercy of a "mad scientist" type, controlling our weather, and whatever else his switches do

Duane,

I beg to differ with you about the sawtherner staying up north. It just so happens I grew up near a family that came up from Little Rock. Also, My friend that operates a computer shop is from someplace down there, I ferget,.....oh yeah, Nowth Caralona Apparently he disagreed that "Nuthin could be fina than to be in Carolina in the mournin.

I guess I don't know any "damm Yankees" that stayed down there. The only folks I know that moved down south, went to Davenport, Iowa

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

OK.

I can take a subtle hint. I didn't grow up in Alabama, but close to it.

So I took the battery out of the "snow-pollen-whatever switch gizmo" this morning. And I'm going to dismantle it, to salvage the parts. It shouldn't be causing you guys any more trouble.

You can blame your problems on someone else. BTW, there was a serial number sticker on it. Mine was 3.

I apologize for the inconvenience. (You bunch of whiners)

Besides, the best EBAY offer that I got was $3.00

Thanks,

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Flathead,

I got an idea how we all can come out good. First, it sounds like Duane is willing to take $100. for his snow-pollen-whatever switch gizmo, How about we just pass the hat to buy it?

Then when we get it away from him, we dismantle it and any airboater that puts money in, gets free switches as long as they last. It sounds like there are a lot of switches.

Then at least we wouldn't be at the mercy of a "mad scientist" type, controlling our weather, and whatever else his switches do

Duane,

I beg to differ with you about the sawtherner staying up north. It just so happens I grew up near a family that came up from Little Rock. Also, My friend that operates a computer shop is from someplace down there, I ferget,.....oh yeah, Nowth Caralona Apparently he disagreed that "Nuthin could be fina than to be in Carolina in the mournin.

I guess I don't know any "damm Yankees" that stayed down there. The only folks I know that moved down south, went to Davenport, Iowa

Dave
    Buster,

I never really understood that song. "Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina, in the morning."

I was really puzzled, until I moved to North Carolina back in 1996. It's NICE.

My friends back in Georgia ask me when I'm going to move back. Sorry, but I don't plan to.

I like Nawth Carolina.

Thanks,

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Hey,

It looks like Duane ain't that bad a guy even after all us "whiners" said about him.

Duane, remind me to buy you a cold one someday

So you got serial number 3 huh? I wonder who has 1 & 2. Probably the the people we generally blame most stuff on, Democrates and Republicans, ya think?
    Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Hey,

It looks like Duane ain't that bad a guy even after all us "whiners" said about him.

Duane, remind me to buy you a cold one someday

So you got serial number 3 huh? I wonder who has 1 & 2. Probably the the people we generally blame most stuff on, Democrates and Republicans, ya think?
    Dave
    Buster,

I don't know who's got serial number 1 and 2. At this point, I don't want to know.

I'm just glad to have that monkey off of my back.

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Hi Duane,
    How does your set-up compare to John's build that Chuck recently finished?
    Top speed in deep water
    Does your Solex carb and Whirlwind prop fair better than a stock carb and an Ivo prop?
    Is the two blade quieter?
    Does it get better fuel mileage?

Eskimoboy,

My boat is not on the water yet, so I can't answer your questions.

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction