Thread: 4a084 question

4a084 question

Hey guys forgive my newb-ness to the 084 engine. What is the differences in the
    084-3 and 084-4? I found an 084-3 for $250 and am contemplating buying it. The guy who is selling them said all he does is take them out of the crate and test them.

The 084 has three different versions,the 4A084-2,3,4
    These numbers are the package they put on as far as magneto and noise interference reductions. They are all interchangable, the basic engine is the same.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Wish i could find a new 084 for $250

Steve

How would a 084 perform on a glass hull 13ftX 78in weighing 260 pounds? I know how this engine performed on one I built about 25 years ago without a reduction, my question is, how well it perform with a reduction?

I'm running direct drive on a 14'3" x 72" hull and mine works fine. I think the key to making the 084 the most reliable and most efficient wold be to have the engine run at 3600 with the biggest prop it will run and choosing just the right reduction. This will be my next years project after I get all the seating and rigging changes made this year.

EDIT: My setup is a little different, my boat is not as wide as others and can only run a 59" prop so my reduction needs are a little out of the norm.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Where could I find a phone number for this guy thats got these engines for sale?

I don't know his phone no., but his email is - reheat1417@yahoo.com

Good luck,
    Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!