Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John's new MiniPro 084

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Orange Krush,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the new boat. Chuck does top of the line work.

By now I'm sure that you're aware that I, and others, are watching this to see how the new starter design works out. I'm betting that it'll work great.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

MAA Vendor

Here is a picture of the seat covers that Lynn's Stitch Shop made.
    Name:  John's Seat Covers 001.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  94.9 KB
    Thanks, Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello Duane and thank you for the shout, I'm looking forward to trying out this boat for sure, I have total faith in chucks ingenuity as he's been keepin me on the water for several years. Yes we really do have some water out here, not much but the airboat allows me to have fun with every drop. Also a special thanx out there to georgiboy for info on that new 084 engine. Nice assoc. ya'll have here and I'm happy to be a member. thanx, johnny from new mexico, usa.

I like!
    She does nice work. that green bead will go with the lime green pinstriping and rudder art I'm planning on to break up the orange just a little. wow! how did she know what I was thinking. thanx lynn. Lookn better everyday Chuck.
    Thanx, O.K.
    Last edited by orange krush; 02-09-2011 at 01:41 AM.

MAA Vendor

Hey John, Your new boat is finished. I just have to check the charging system in the morning. I hope i get time to put it in the water tomorrow for the final test. Your new cage and hull are ready for your big boat but the trailer didn't come in today. I will call them in the morning to see what the delay is. Here are some more pictures of the new Orange Krush.
    Name:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 005.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  97.4 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 006.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  100.9 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 007.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  98.4 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 011.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  94.7 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 009.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  99.6 KB
    Hey Papee, Can you the pictures in this thread for your build file or do i still need to email them to you?
    Thanks, Chuck

Just curious Chuck, how many minis have you built in the last two years? I'm just curious how many new boats are out there. It seems like the mini is picking up with new members popping up all the time, now if we could just get them to post.

I can use these photos Chuck. He is coming down the end of March to do some fishing if the weather is ok for my knees. This is a bit of a secret for now but watch for a story on it on the Mini Airboat Magazine site soon.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

hey Chuck,
    That baby is sweet! I'm sure it's gonna run out fine, wish I was there for the maiden voyage. By the way don,t sweat the delay on the trailer as it looks like I,ll be delayed myself for a few more days but that means I'll get to spend more time on that end after I get there, thats a good thing. Thanx again for the posting Chuck!
    O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt View Post
    Hey John, Your new boat is finished. I just have to check the charging system in the morning. I hope i get time to put it in the water tomorrow for the final test. Your new cage and hull are ready for your big boat but the trailer didn't come in today. I will call them in the morning to see what the delay is. Here are some more pictures of the new Orange Krush.
    Name:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 005.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  97.4 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 006.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  100.9 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 007.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  98.4 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 011.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  94.7 KBName:  John's Completed MiniPro 084 Orange Krush 009.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  99.6 KB
    Hey Papee, Can you the pictures in this thread for your build file or do i still need to email them to you?
    Thanks, Chuck
    Chuck that is one awsome boat, do you know what your top speed is yet in deep water?
    Did anyone look at Rotax V1000 4 stroke for a mini it is 85HP I have one in my Ski-Doo snowmobile, it works like a charm and I hadn't any problems with this engine. It's a liquid cool engine, it's similar to their Aprilia engine.

MAA Vendor

Hey eskimoboy, we haven't put this one in the water . We had to work on an FWC boat today so maybe i can put it in tomorrow. I have thought of the Rotax engines but the cost is so high. If someone brings me the engine, I will build a boat with it.
    Papee, including the hulls we sold too about 48. We just got in a blue and silver metalflake hull that will get a Lyc 125.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

John's New MiniPro 084 Test

We ran the Orange Krush today on the ground just to see what it would do.

Hope the link works.
    Thanks, Chuck

We ran the Orange Krush today on the ground just to see what it would do.

Hope the link works.
    Thanks, Chuck
    Chuck in your opinion compare this set-up to a Briggs or Kohler how would you rate it?
    Are you gonna do a water run with this boat and put it on youtube also? MPH's in deep water?
    Again Chuck you guys have done a wonderful job on this boat.

MAA Vendor

This seems to be a little better than the briggs and Kohler but it's hard to compare without having all the boats together on the same day due to weather conditions and the grass is differant during season changes. We do have a 64 inch prop on this one and we used 60 inch on the Briggs and Kohlers. In comparing, it may be the 45 HP that is claimed and it is running the stock carb which we may have to richen up a little. We hope to put it in the water today.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck,

It looks GOOD. It didn't seem like the engine was working very hard.

Can't hardly wait to see a video of it on the water.

Looks like the starter works pretty decently also.

What prop is that? It looks like it may be a 3 blade Ivo, but I can't really tell.

Good work, as usual. That's a nice looking boat. I bet John will be happy with it.

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

MAA Vendor

Hey Duane, it's a 64 inch IVO set on neutral. It seems to work better than what we have seen with the 60 inch. I may try a 66 inch on the next one.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck I have a few metering rods here drilled different. I drill out the top hole the same as the input hole in all of them then experiment with the size of the bottom hole. I have three different sizes as far as the bottom hole. I forget which one I am using. Let me know if you want to try them. Very simple, you can make the change right on the water to see what works best for your setup. I have to switch metering rods depending on which prop I am using.

EDIT: also, I edited your post so it showed the preview of your video. You just click on the little film strip Icon at the top when you are posting and the will be a pop up for you to enter the location of the youtube video or you can just put the video tags before and after your video link.
    Or put the video brackets around it like this.
    {video}your video{/video} replace the { and } with [ and ] I had to do it that way so it would show up.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Hey Chuck,
    I'm thinking just cancel the order for that trailer- I'll just drive the orange krush back to New Mexico- lol- goes pretty good without h2o! Can hardly wait to get to Florida. Thank you Sir.
    O. K.

MAA Vendor

georgiaboy came down this morning to help with some of the work and brought his 084 carb. I thought this would be a good time to work on the 084 jetting. I would have someone to remove and replace the carbs. We took the lean running carb off and put the rich carb on that i drilled out the main jets to .040. We removed the neetle jet and started drilling the air bleed out .001 at a time and running the engine. I think we were at .038 when the engine ran perfect. The idle air jet end up at 1.5 turns and was very responsiveturning it less than 1/4 th turn. We had gained 200 rpm from 3800 to 4000 with the 64 inch IVO set on neutral, we put 1.5 turns positive pitch in it to bring the rpm's down to 3750.
    Sunday morning we are going to Silver Lake to do test and tune.
    Thanks, Chuck

georgiaboy came down this morning to help with some of the work and brought his 084 carb. I thought this would be a good time to work on the 084 jetting. I would have someone to remove and replace the carbs. We took the lean running carb off and put the rich carb on that i drilled out the main jets to .040. We removed the neetle jet and started drilling the air bleed out .001 at a time and running the engine. I think we were at .038 when the engine ran perfect. The idle air jet end up at 1.5 turns and was very responsiveturning it less than 1/4 th turn. We had gained 200 rpm from 3800 to 4000 with the 64 inch IVO set on neutral, we put 1.5 turns positive pitch in it to bring the rpm's down to 3750.
    Sunday morning we are going to Silver Lake to do test and tune.
    Thanks, Chuck
    Chuck,

How'd that work out?

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Chuck,

When the IVO is at neutral what is the pitch at the tip?
    Last edited by brlcla; 03-05-2011 at 09:34 AM.

MAA Vendor

Hey brlcla, i have never checked it at the tip. the tips are very small and the degrees would not relate to any other prop. When you change the pitch in the IVO by turning the screw, it changes the helix in the blade due to the torsion rod. When you change the pitch in other props by turning the complete blade, the helix stays the same so the amount of degrees at the tip would not relate. The IVO Magnum that i used on my race boat would ajust from 30 inches to 90 inches of pitch. I haven't haven't asked IVO what the ultralite range is.
    Thanks, Chuck