Thread: Airboat Hill Race

Hybrid View

MAA Vendor

Airboat Hill Race

Nov. 6th at the Cocoa Fair. This will be Drag Racing the Airboats on the ground across the Baseball field. I have been challenged by the Screaming Seaman to run against his 150 HP mini that has a 48 ci 2 stroke. I might take Scorpy's 70 HP Briggs off the water hull and put it on another hull and see if it will pull him off the line. The worst i can do is loose but we can still show some more innovation. My reaction time is no good anymore so i am looking for a driver that don't weight much and can show a good reaction time on the computer. Does anyone know a good horse jockey?
    Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck, I'm an old drag racer. I'd be glad to do it! All I would have to do is lose about 125lbs.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, If you can cut a .420 or better light, Then you only need to loose 65 lbs.
    Chuck

What lights do they use now, do they use the pro tree type or the old style?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Chuck,

I thought that you were coaching your grandson for this. ??? (for Scorpy)

What happened with that?

I'd volunteer, but you'd be sadly disappointed... both with my weight, and my re-action time.

Good luck with it anyway. Let us know how it turns out.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

MAA Vendor

Yes Papee, they use the ProTree. My grandson weights more than i do but i'am sure he could cut a better light.
    Thanks, Chuck