Thread: Another new builder

Red face Another new builder

hi,
    My name is Leif and I reside in Sweden. I have just finished my very first mini airboat based on drawings from Lake Buggy Airboats but with quite a few modifications. I built in plywood although aluminium would have been first choice if economy had allowed it.
    I am using an aircooled snowmobile engine, a Kawasaki 340cc, which puts out somewhere around 30 hp. Currently trying to decide which propeller to use and at the moment the UltraProp seems very interesting. I find it difficult to find suitable propellers in Europe (pricey) probably because market is very small for airboats. Could settle for a used prop if there is one around?
    Your site came as sent from heaven

MAA Vendor

Thanks for joining eltiro, you will meet some good people on this site. It would help to know what ratio you or using on your reduction so the best prop can be selected. It would also help to post some pictures of your boat.
    Thanks, Chuck

Thanks for the welcome Chuck. Ratio used is 1:2. Two photos are uploaded under Your rig.
    I have plans to get a more powerful engine this winter. Hopefully a Rotax 502. The boat will be prepared to run on ice and snow as well. Either with skis or an extra aluskin on the bottom. Have not decided yet.

Rgds Leif

Welcome Leif,

Good looking home-build you have there. Real low center of gravity too. I used an Ultra-prop on my boat for a while and it seemed to work well. A good prop for the price anyway. I don't have it anymore, but I think it found a good home. Good luck with that rotax. I plan on using one myself.....

Bruce