Thread: Honda Clones (Lifan Horizontal Shaft Engines)

Honda Clones (Lifan Horizontal Shaft Engines)

Does anyone have any facts about the Lifan Engines by Home Depot? I have been told they are clones of the Honda engines.

I am thinking about a 13 or 15 HP with Electric Start for my 14' Jon Boat (AirBoat) Project.

I am curious about parts availability and reliability.

Also if you know of other Honda Clones, please share your experience with them too!

Thanks,
    dlight

Seroiusly Considering a Mini River Running Airboat Project - 1436 Jon Boat (already owned) with 15 HP Honda Clone Engine and 42" 2-Blade Prop (Undecided on Pitch....17 ??) Hope to get 10-12 MPH
    Suggestions/Opinions/Help/Greatly Appreciated

Welcome to the site, I can't give you any information on the engine but I wouldn't expect too much from that setup, it will move you around fine but it will not plane.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thanks Papee. I am not too concerned about fast speeds. How fast do you think I could expect?

I am Seroiusly Considering a Mini River Running Airboat Project - 1436 Jon Boat (already owned) with 15 HP Honda Clone Engine and 42" 2-Blade Prop (Undecided on Pitch....17 ??) Hope to get 10-12 MPH.

Do you have other suggestions for my size boat? ie, hp and prop?

Thanks,
    dlight

Speed depends on the boat and how it is loaded, you can only go so fast when not on plane. Top speed would be about 7-8 mph. The boat will start pushing water and actually slow down a bit.
    After you have your engine just give Don at Arrow Props a call, he will suggest what prop is best for you. You can also get you prop hub from him.
    Here's the prop page and his contact info is on that page.
    http://www.arrowprop.com/low.htm

Where are you located?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I am located in North East Tennessee.

Are there any online calculators available for prop and hp requirements for various loads?

Thanks,

dlight