Thread: Short trip w/photos

Short trip w/photos

The river is low and the water very warm so fishing is not good. When the water is this low and warm the fish head to spots with more air in the water so off to my favorite spot I went. I'm the only one that ever ventures into the spot because of the rapids and rocks. I caught a few fish but was sitting there listening to the water fall over the rocks and decided to take a few shots. It was hot and muggy out so the pics aren't real clear. The big rock is bigger than my boat and sticks out of the water almost five feet.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  91.0 KB
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Papee,

Now THAT is a ROCK.

Just to imagine that at high water, that rock is lurking just under the surface...

It sends shivers under my fiberglass hull.

I guess that explains why you use aluminum hulls. You can just beat it sorta' back into shape.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Yes rocks, my hull is getting kinda dinged up. I'm not looking forward to pulling the rigging this winter to get it back into shape. I have my rigging set up so I can take 8 bolts out and the whole thing lifts out. It all comes out in one piece, seating, motor, cage, and rudders. I would like to try some poly but I'm just afraid the hardware will end up leaking from hitting the rocks or sliding over them as I do a lot when I'm just idling around.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

From the looks of those rocks, maybe you should get yourself a cast iron hull

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

LOL, I've hit a few pretty hard, probably hard enough to shatter cast. It is definitely a different kind of running for sure. You have to go through them on plane to make it over the ones just below the water and yet slow enough that you have time to react and turn. This is why I choose to under prop, the prop will spin up faster and I'm able to turn quicker if I have to. I sacrifice some speed but I need to be able to get the prop tuning fast when needed so I can turn.

Buster, I decide to just use the rubber part of the old stuff you sent and get a KN cone filter. It should be here tomorrow, I also have the new tubing for my cooler and senders for my oil pressure and oil temp gauges. Hopefully after this round I can finally call it done. It figures, just about the time I can call it done I worn out my hull.

There was a new bottom put on it about 4 years ago.