Thread: Anyone still have

Anyone still have

Does anyone still have the complete air filter from the stock setup?

I need it from the carb out, I don't need the air cleaner because I will be modding it. I still have some experimenting I want to do with the stock carb before I put my new one on.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

I am sure I have the parts you need. I know I have the air cleaner, and a big box with all the stock tin. It's yours if you can use it. I will pick out the parts you need tomorrow.

We are getting ready to head out for the evening now.

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Thanks Dave, I think there is an elbow, a rubber boot and the air filter tank. I don't know, I've never seen one all in one piece. I want to cut the tank down and use a motorcycle type sock filter in it
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Papee,

Buster beat me to the punch. AGAIN.

I'm 3/4 packrat anyway, so you know I've still got it.

If Buster doesn't have what you need, let me know.

Here's what it looks like, all together:

I've got a close up photo, SOMEWHERE, if you really want it.

BTW, that engine was running when the photo was taken.

Duane
    Last edited by Duane Scarborough; 07-13-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Don't look like it's going anywhere to me. I hope with your memory you remember what it sounds like. Oh well, you can just watch one of my videos. I would like a close up if you have one to make sure I get everything I need

Papee,

If you look closely, you can see that the rope start pulley is a blur.

It was REALLY loud, because there were no mufflers. Even I remember that.

And I suspect that my neighbor's ALSO remember it.

I'll try to find the close up pictures again. I've got 'em here.... somewhere.

Duane

Edit:

I found the picture that I was thinking about, and I'm trying your new "manage attachments" method of including it. Let's see if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Duane Scarborough; 07-14-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Is that first piece rubber? Or second, whatever it is. I know the screw treads in the carb won't allow it to be rotated. If not I can cut it and reweld it I guess. I'm just going to cut the container shorter and drill it so I can use the motorcycle filter. Or maybe just use the tube and make my own can for the filter. I'll know when I see the parts I guess.

Papee,

I finally found you guys. Hey I got your parts. The rubber elbow is all one piece fron the carb to the Air cleaner. I boxed it up with the complete air cleaner so you can use whatever you want. I just need an address and I can probably ship it tomorrow.

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Papee,

Like Buster said, the elbow is all one piece, rubber. It looks funny because the end that was attached to the carb was under the cover and did not get painted O.D. The end that attaches to the air cleaner was outside of the cover, and it got the full O.D. paint treatment.

The end that attaches to the carb has 2 horizontal ears, with bolt holes that match the carb. The end that attaches to the original air cleaner is held in place by a spring clamp.

Maybe the picture makes more sense now.

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Ok, that sound good. That means I will be able to rotate it and attach it to my cage in that area. The rubber will help with the vibration between the two parts, engine and cage. I added a new icon for the "new posts" now you can spot the thread with new posts more easily.

I got the parts yesterday Dave, Thank you

I have it cut and ready to put back together and paint. I'll post a pic when I'm done. I've messed with other can type filters but nothing seemed to work. By experimenting with the choke I was able to get the carb to work pretty well takin out the flat spot it has. I figure a half decent air filter will act just like the choke setting I used cutting off part of the air.

Now that it is on I'm not sure about it, I may just use the rubber part and put a KN filter on it. The can may block off too much air to the cylinders on that side.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  96.2 KB