Thread: Props

Props

Hello: I just bought another Prop for my airboat from Competition Aircraft I had Bob Davis from comp aircraft build me a 6 blade prop at a cost of 540.00. I have a IVO 4 blade on it now which was working OK, but you know how airboating is you are always experimenting. I bought a wood prop from Arrowprop last year and have not tried that one yet. Hopefully with in the next month I will get out and try these new props. The River here in South West Pa has been high due to all of the rain, and I usually work 6 to 7 days a week on the Railroad. Not a lot of time to go boating. As soon as my wife can help me with posting pictures I will post some pictures of my dual engine airboat.

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Props

moondowg,

I can't remember if I talked to you before (CRS ya know), but anyway, welcome to the Mini forum

We always like to hear what our members are up to, especially the improvements to their boats. Sounds like you are gonna end up with a good selection of props

Keep us informed of your progress, and performance. Also, we really like pictures too

BTW, just curious what RR you work for? I spent 27 years working for the NP which merged and became BN. Actually, I'm kinda glad those days are over.

Thanks, Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

moondowg,

Most people collect stamps, or coins, or vintage airboats. But some of us collect props.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Like Buster said, we like hearing about, and seeing, what our fellow members are doing.

And we're ready to help when needed.

Good luck with your boat project.

Thanks,

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Sounds like you are not far from me. South West PA? I'm in the Millersburg area and run the Susquehanna 90% of the time. Last count I had 6 props my favorite being my stick prop.

Here's a pic.
    [attachment=0:c6pdp0ws]stickprop.jpg[/attachment:c6pdp0ws]

But seriously, welcome to the forum Moondog, if you're ever up in this area give me a shout and I'll show you around. You can send the photos to me at support@woodlawnwt.com and I'll post them for you until you figure it out.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Hello Buster: I work for Norfolk Southern been there 37 years will retire in 4 years, Duane I also collect Harleys, 3 big twin flatheads,1 knuckelhead 1 Panhead 1 Shovelhead 1 Evo Softail 1 Twin Cam And 2 Sportsters. Papee Ive been up your way, had Tom from Snyder Jet Boats build my Hull, Your River up that way is a beautiful sight I was amazed at all of the large boulders in the river looks like a wonderful place to use an Airboat, will have my wife send some pictures of my boat soon.

Thanks, Dave

You have a good hull then, my hull was originally built by Toms dad back when they were still working at the house. My hull takes a beating and has never leaked. Each year I pound some dents out and it's still going strong. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA