Thread: MiniPro 106 DO

MAA Vendor

MiniPro 106 DO

A MiniPro 106 DO is a 116 cut down an decked over. Henry Maddox had got Marty to cut the sides down and glass it over. It looks like the south FL glades deckovers but is made of Fiberglass instead of Aluminum. We bought the hull from Henry and will rigg it out in the next couple of weeks. The bottom is the same as the MiniPro 116. It will be powered by 35 HP Briggs Vanguard, Belt Drive, and 3 Blade IVO Prop. I will check the bottom to see if it needs any work to make it gain some speed.
    This boat is being built for resale. It will be built just like the MiniPro 116 but we plan to sale it for about $ 2000.00 less and will include a new trailer.
    I will post a picture of the hull tomorrow.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

Re: MiniPro 106 DO

[attachment=2:ccc323qn]MiniPro 106 Hull 003.jpg[/attachment:ccc323qn]
    [attachment=1:ccc323qn]MiniPro 106 Hull 002.jpg[/attachment:ccc323qn]
    [attachment=0:ccc323qn]MiniPro 106 Hull 001.jpg[/attachment:ccc323qn]
    Guess what, I learned how to add pictures after i learned how to resize them. I also found out you can only post 3 at a time. I will show what we done to this hull to make it run better when i do a post in the tech section.
    Thanks, Chuck

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Chuck,

I was wondering what this 106 DO hull would look like, and now I know. I imagined that the deck would be flat. Interesting... Marty did a fine job on it.

It looks like it has potential. I bet it's gonna be fast. You may find yourself ORDERING them from Marty like this before long.

Don't be parking it so close to Scorpy though... They may get into a cat fight over "who's Chuck's favorite" in the middle of the night, and all you'll find is a bunch of shredded aluminum and fiberglass the next morning.

Speaking of Scorpy, I haven't seen an update lately. How's that project going?

Thanks,

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Hey Duane Scorpy will be water ready in the next day or 2 we just got it back together after changing a couple things in side her just waiting to bolt a couple external parts on it

David !

Long time no hear from you ! I figured that you'd fell off of the planet. Glad that you didn't.

I was there to see Scorpy's maiden voyage, which I enjoyed, even though she had some minor set backs. I learned a lot of things on that trip. I think that Chuck still thinks that my presence jinxed Scorpy. Maybe it did.

But I've been wanting to see a video of Scorpy doing it's thing. It's good to hear that it may happen soon.

Thanks,

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

I still come around every night to check on you guys We will do a water test this week on scorpy Chuck gets all the fun he hasn't let me drive it yet but I will this week even if I have to push him out the seat

MAA Vendor

Hey David, I put the ceramic coated headers and intake on it today and set up the carb but could not mount it. I forgot to order the adaptor we are missing. I will send Diane to see Richard tomorrow to pick one up. I put it on the other trailer today and had it in front of the shop to put the engin on but the Nascar Race came on so i had to stop.
    This morning i flipped the MiniPro 106 over and checked the bottom. It had a very small hook at the transom, ( most boats that are built right will have this small hook built into the bottom to keep them from having a porpoise, this is to remove the liability to keep high speed boats from flying or bouncing people off the boat ). To make it run fast, it must be sanded out. I sanded it out and cut the transom so the water will shear off. Now it will lay down and run.
    [attachment=2:18cxxytv]MiniPro 106 Hull 011.jpg[/attachment:18cxxytv]
    Hook sanded out.
    [attachment=1:18cxxytv]MiniPro 106 Hull 014.jpg[/attachment:18cxxytv]
    Cutting the radius out of the transom.
    [attachment=0:18cxxytv]MiniPro 106 Hull 015.jpg[/attachment:18cxxytv]
    The finnished cut, the depth of the cut is about 1/16 th inch and the length is about 1/4 inch. Don't tell anyone our secret, make them join the site to find out.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck,

Your secret is safe here.

I promise not to tell ANYONE about it.

Oh crap, I've already done that, a long time ago. O.K., going forward, your secret is safe.

Nahhhh....

But then, you are the one that posted the pictures.

Thanks,

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

MAA Vendor

MiniPro 106 DO Complete

The MiniPro 106 Deckover is finished and ready to sell. I will try to post some pictures.
    Name:  MiniPro 106 DO 006.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  98.9 KB
    Name:  MiniPro 106 DO 002.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  96.2 KB
    This boat it for sale for $ 10800.00 and it includes the new design MagicTilt Aluminum Trailer.
    Thanks Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MAA Vendor

I drove it about 25 miles today. An awesome ride. Runs free with no drag. Gets on plane easy and drives tru turns with no hop. It does oversteer some due to the larger rudders but is very controlable. The rudders are 44 X 24. I didn't have the GPS but it felt at least 35. We will have to try it with 2 people.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

This is a fun Boat but i want get to ride it again. We sold it this morning.
    Thanks, Chuck

Very neet boat Chuck, Thats great that you got it sold.
    Bogger
    Boat specs:
    Hull, 116 fiberglass
    Bottom, Frog spit
    Motor, Rotax 532 dual carb
    65 ponies to push with
    Reduction, 2.58/1
    Prop, IVO 62in.3blade adjustable
    Rigging, 0.5 and 0.75 emt

All still under construction